ATTENTION CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS


The First Round of Super Book Password (Jan/Feb: Famous Person) is rapidly coming to a close. Ryan and Debbie still have open clues---come check out the clues given and see if you can guess the Passwords! Click photo in the sidebar for links.


Some of Bev's Favorite Quotes...



Friday, October 29, 2010

The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is a bookish meme which has been hosted by Storytime With Tonya. It's really easy (and fun!) to participate.

*Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
*Turn to page 56 and find the fifth sentence.
*Post that sentence (plus one or two more if you like) with these instructions on your blog or in the comments section below.
*Post a link back to this blog and Storytime with Tonya.
*Don't Dig for your favorite book, the coolest, most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST!

Here's mine from Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life by Steve Martin:
(Page 56 is blank...so I'm using page 54)

My final day at the magic shop, I stood behind the counter where I had pitched Svengali decks and the Incredible Shrinking Die, and I felt an emotional contradiction: nostalgia for the present.

4 comments:

Jenners said...

I love that line: nostalgia for the present. My husband read this book but I didn't ... I think we have it laying around here somewhere.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

That is a unique perspective...nostalgia for the present. Makes me think of moments we're holding onto while knowing that they're slipping away...sad.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Sounds like a good book. I've been thinking about reading that. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/friday-56_29.html

fredamans said...

This book is one I would love and laugh to. Great 56!

I am the new hostess for this meme. I hope to see you next Friday!