Thursday, January 3, 2019
2019 Six Shooter Mystery Reading Challenge
The Six Shooter Mystery Reading Challenge
Sponsored by Rick @ Rick Mills Project
Rick has been bitten by the challenge-making bug and has designed a nifty mystery reading challenge. The goal is fairly straight-forward. Read six mysteries on the same target (by the same author) during 2019. For complete rules, click on the link above.
Submit your shots as you complete your books. Once you complete a target, you can take aim at the same author again or set your sights on a new author (or shoot at more than one at a time.
My first target has Ngaio Marsh's name all over it. I'm already signed up for the Ngaio Marsh Challenge (Part II--having read her first 12 books in 2018). Then I may take on Christie next....
Ngaio Marsh Target
1. Died in the Wool (1/10/19)
2. Final Curtain (2/14/19)
3. A Wreath for Rivera (3/11/19)
4. Opening Night (4/4/19)
5. Spinsters in Jeopardy (5/6/19)
6. Scales of Justice (6/16/19)
Agatha Christie Target
1. The Mysterious Affair at Styles (1/18/19)
2. The Secret Adversary (1/25/19)
3. Murder on the Links (3/9/19)
4. The Man in the Brown Suit (4/13/19)
5. Poirot Investigates (5/12/19)
6. The Secret of Chimneys (6/6/19)
I've decided that since I keep listening to audio version of Lord Peter Wimsey that I might as well add another author to my target practice...
Dorothy L Sayers
1. Clouds of Witness (1/12/19)
2. Whose Body? (3/24/19)
3. Lord Peter Views the Body (4/23/19)
4. Murder Must Advertise (4/28/19)
5. Strong Poison (5/12/19)
6. The Five Red Herrings (5/19/19)
And....I love the Lockridges, so let's add them too.
1. Killing the Goose by Frances & Richard Lockridge (6/24/19)