Friday, January 4, 2019
What's in a Name 2019
This is my last challenge. Well....until Erin's next challenge comes out later this year. And Michelle does her Christmas Spirit Challenge at the end of the year....and.... Well, it's my last regular challenge. Unless it's not. I know how promises like that go.
But I've been waiting for this one. The What's in a Name Challenge has been sponsored by Charlie at the Wormhole for quite some time, but she has other commitments this year and has passed it on to Andrea at Carolina Book Nook. It's Andrea's first time hosting a challenge, so we all need to do our part and support her by joining in, right? Right!
The format is the same--six categories and read one book for each category. The category words (or a creative usage thereof) should be in the title. For full details, click on the link above.
Here are the categories and some tentative suggestions (from my TBR piles) for what I might read. I will confirm and add review links as I go.
1. Precious stone: Mystery of the Emerald Buddha by Betty Cavanna (6/29/19)
2. Temperature: Death on a Warm Wind by Douglas Warner (5/8/19)
3. Month/Day: The March Hare Murders by Elizabeth Ferrars (4/23/19)
4.Meal: Death After Breakfast by Hugh Pentecost (8/10/19)
5. "Girl" or "Woman": A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton Porter (4/22/19)
6. "Of" AND "And": Tales of Terror and Mystery by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1/23/19)