Thursday, November 15, 2018

Challenge Complete: PopSugar Reading Challenge 2018




I originally signed up for 20 of the possible 50 categories on the 2018 PopSugar Reading Challenge.  I thought I might do more and kept the challenge open even when I had my 20 completed. But--given the books I still need to read for other challenges, I'm pretty sure I've completed all I'm going to from the list. So, here are the prompts that I've finished in the 2018 Challenge.

1. A book made into a movie you've already seen: Rear Window by Cornell Woolrich (5/16/18)

2. True Crime: Great True Stories of Crime, Mystery & Detection by various authors; put together by Reader's Digest

3. The next book in a series you started: The Hellfire Conspiracy by Will Thomas (6/1/18)

4. Nordic Noir: The Terrorists by Maj Sjowall & Per Wahloo (8/30/18)

5. A novel based on a real person: The Witch of Lime Street by David Jaher [Harry Houdini, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle & several others] (6/12/18)

6. A book set in a country that fascinates you: A Man Lay Dead by Ngaio Marsh (1/7/18) England--I've always wanted to travel there.

7. A book with a time of day in the title: Murder at Midnight by C.S. Challinar (7/23/18)

8. A book with your favorite color in the title: The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie (5/28/18)

9. A book with alliteration in the title: Lament for a Lady Laird by Margot Arnold (2/3/18)

10. A book with a weather element in the title: Foggy, Foggy Death by Frances & Richard Lockridge (9/22/18)


11. A book with an animal in the title: The Adventures of Paddy the Beaver by Thornton W. Burgess (2/8/18)

12. A book set on a different planet: (various different planets) World's Best Science Fiction: 1966 by Donald Wollheim & Terry Carr, eds (1/9/18)

13. A book with song lyrics in the title: Go Down, Moses by William Faulkner [song sung most famously by Louis Armstrong] (3/30/18)

14. A book by a female author who uses a male pseudonym: With Blood & Kisses by Richard [Dora] Shattuck (2/23/18)

15. A book you borrowed or was given to you as a gift: The Story of Classic Crime in 100 Books by Martin Edwards [gift from one of my 2017 Secret Santas] (1/23/18)

16. A book by two authors: Murder Out of Turn by Frances & Richard Lockridge (3/27/18)

17. A book by a local author: Catalog of Unabashed Gratitude by Ross Gay (1/11/18)

18. A childhood classic you've never read: The Yellow Fairy Book by Andrew Lang (7/25/18)

19. A book set in the decade you were born: The Stately Home Murder by Catherine Aird [1969--my birth year, in fact] (2/16/18)

20. Book with an ugly cover: The Best from Fantasy & Science Fiction 8th Series by Anthony Boucher (ed) [I think it's ugly because there's SO much yellow--and I'm really not a yellow fan.] (1/28/18) 

21. A book that involves a bookstore or library (Both!): Murder by the Book by Stephen Sheridan (5/8/18)

22. Favorite prompt from 2015, 2016, or 2017 PopSugar Challenges. I would choose 2015's Book with a number in the title:  The Zero Trap by Paula Gosling (4/8/18)

5 comments:

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

You are my Reading - reading challenge completing hero, Bev!

fredamans said...

Congratulations!!
I still have 9 from the regular list and 7 from the advanced list for a total of 16. :-)

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks to you both!

TP said...

That's awesome! Congrats.

Tanya Patrice
Girlxoxo.com

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks, Tanya!