Sunday, August 19, 2018

Bout of Books 23



For those of you who don't know what the Bout of Books is, here's the info straight from the source:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 20th and runs through Sunday, August 26th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 23 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

I haven't participated for quite some time, not because I haven't wanted to but because it tends to fall right when I'm busiest at work. And that's true this year too. BUT I am woefully behind on the number of books I planned to read this year and I figure a read-a-thon's got to help. Right? Right! So, here goes....I'm officially signing up to see how many books I can knock out this week. Want to join me?

I'm not sure if I'll stick with these or not, but here are some books that I'd like to get done if possible:

Great True Stories of Crime, Mystery & Detection by various authors; edited by Reader's Digest
The Blind Spot by John Creasey
Angels in the Gloom by Anne Perry
Thank You, Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse
Raisins & Almonds by Kerry Greenwood


2 comments:

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

I have faith in you, Bev. You are one reading goal slaying lady!

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks, LuAnn! That first book has over 500 pages--what was I thinking?? LOL