Saturday, August 4, 2018

1927 Edition of The Sears, Roebuck Catalogue: The Roaring Twenties


This a hardbound version of the catalogue checked out from my local library. Comes with an interesting prologue.

Okay...I admit that I did not read every word on every page...BUT I did spend several hours poring over the ads. And I totally read enough to count it as read. I skimmed some, but I read the details on so many. It was delightful to look at all the fashions from the 1920s and to see the "state of the art" equipment for the home. Everything from the Hercules Furnace for "Healthful Heat in Every Room" to the Kwick Kleen vacuum sweeper which provides "Maximum Cleanliness With Least Effort" and styles for Little Women ("Especially designed to correctly fit the woman of short figure") to suits for the Big Man ("We Guarantee to Fit YOU").

This is a treasure trove for anyone interested in the time period and especially for writers who want to see what products and clothes were really like in the 1920s.

No comments: