The Chunkster Challenge is hosted by Wendy & Vasilly and has its own dedicated blog. And I'm back for another round. Definition of a Chunkster:
- A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) ... A chunkster should be a challenge.
I was reserved this year and signed up for the The Chubby Chunkster. Here are the books read:
1. The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Whitechapel Horrors by Edward B Hanna (471 pages) [4/8/12]
2. The Dead Witness: A Connoisseur's Collection of Victorian Detective Stories by Michael Sims, ed. (576 pages) [5/12/12]
4. Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen (462 pages) [8/13/12]
Challenge Complete! [8/13/12]....but I still have two more Chunksters on the TBR list for 2012. We'll see if I can complete them too. I pushed myself last year and upped my commitment to the "Do These Books Make My Butt Look Big" Level mid-way through. But I'm not going to official commit to any more. If I make the next level (Plump Primer--six Chunksters), then I do.
5. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton (562 pages)
6. 11/22/63 by Stephen King (at 849 pages, this is the big daddy of my chunksters this year)