Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Life as a Book 2011 (so far)

Found this link to Pop Culture Nerd and her My Life As a Book series of annual posts through Peggy Ann's Post. Each year the sentences change, and everyone's invited to fill in the blanks using only the titles of the books they've read that year.
I did one of these at the end of 2010 and had a lot of fun with it. So, here we go for 2011 (so far--may have to do it again at the end of the year):
One time at band/summer camp, [we walked] The Trail of the Red Diamonds (L. Ron Hubbard) Weekends at my house are Hot & Bothered (Jane Isenberg) My neighbor is The Girl in the Green Raincoat (Laura Lippman) My boss is [the] Queen of the Flowers (Kerry Greenwood)
My ex was Something Wicked This Way Comes (Ray Bradbury) My super hero secret identity is The Last Defender of Camelot (Roger Zelazny) You wouldn't like me when I'm angry because [there'll be an] Unnatural Death (Dorothy L Sayers) I'd win a gold medal in The Angel's Game (Carlos Ruiz Zafón)
I'd pay good money for A Pair of Jade Frogs (Ye Xin) If I were president, I would [find out] What Alice Knew (Paula Marantz Cohen) When I don't have good books, [there's] Panic in Box C (John Dickson Carr) Loud talkers at the movies should be Cordially Invited to Meet Death (Rex Stout)

6 comments:

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

This is a fun meme. I especially like that most of the bloggers want to do away with the loud talkers!

peggy@ Peggy Ann's Post said...

Great ones Bev! I like how you add the few words in front to make it smoother to read!

Unknown said...

Hello!

I enjoyed this meme too and had fun checking out everyone's answers. Check out my answers when you can, posted on my blog :)

I like the look of your site and will be back to visit!

http://bookwormcastle.wordpress.com/2011/08/31/my-life-in-books-2011/

Anonymous said...

Bev - Oh, this is great! I'm so glad you played along :-). I like your answers a lot. I especially love your remedy for loud talkers...

Cathy said...

Great answers!

Pop Culture Nerd said...

I'm so glad you joined in, Bev! Your answers gave me quite a few chuckles, especially about the ex, what you do to people who make you angry, and your oh-so-polite but deadly solution to loud talkers.