Tuesday, January 13, 2015

"Reading Through Time" Historical Fiction Reading Challenge

January 6, 2015-December 31, 2015

Amy, our hostess for the Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge, was in search of a historical reading challenge and didn't find precisely what she was looking for...so she decided to put together her own. It's pretty simple...just read historical fiction. She's left the definition up to us and given us different levels to shoot for. There will be monthly link-ups and prizes. For full details, see her link above.

I'm starting small and signing up for:

Anthony Doerr = 5 books

If I find myself with more historical fiction on deck, I'll up my level. But I will consider my commitment met with 5 books.

1. A Dead Man in Istanbul by Michael Pearce [set in 1911] (1/14/15)
2. Rod Serling's Twilight Zone Revisited adapted by Walter B. Gibson [various time periods from the Civil War era to turn-of-the-century (1900) to World War II] (1/20/15)
3. A Dead Man in Trieste by Michael Pearce [set in 1910] (1/27/15)
4. Playground of Death by John Buxton Hilton [framed with a story from 1920s-1950] (3/18/15)
5. The False Inspector Dew by Peter Lovesey [1920s] (4/1/15)
Challenge commitment complete!
6.

1 comment:

She Reads Late Into the Night said...

Hi Bev,
So glad that you will be joining us for the "Read Through Time" Historical Fiction Reading Challenge!