Monday, October 1, 2012

September Wrapup & Pick of the Month

Onward in my monthly statisic-gathering and a combo post with Kerrie's Crime Fiction Pick of the Month over at Mysteries in Paradise.




The reading vitamins haven't helped much.  I'm up, but just slightly from August's low-water mark of only 9 books read.  I've got about 30 more books that must be read by the end of the year if I'm going to meet all my challenges.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....

Total Books Read: 11
Total Pages:  3,282

Percentage by Female Authors:  18%
Percentage by US Authors:  55%

Percentage by non-US/non-British Authors:  0%
Percentage Mystery: 82%
Percentage Fiction: 82%
Percentage written 2000+: 55%
Percentage of Rereads: 0%
Percentage Read for Challenges: 100% {It's eas
y to have every book count for a challenge when you sign up for as many as I do.}
Number of Challenges fulfilled so far: 20 (57%)



AND, as mentioned above, Kerrie is sponsoring a meme for those of us who track our reading. What she's looking for is our Top Mystery Read for each month.  This month 9 of the 11 books I read count as mysteries
The Fleet Street Murders by Charles Finch
The Edgar Winners: 33rd Annual Anthology of the Mystery Writers of America by Bill Pronzini, ed
The Necropolis Railway by Andrew Martin
A Stranger in My Grave by Margaret Millar
The Somnambulist by Jonathan Barnes 
The White Forest by Adam McOmber (9/18/12) [303 pages]
The Case of the Blind Barber by John Dickson Carr
Murder at the Library of Congress by Margaret Truman
The Anatomy of Ghosts by Andrew Taylor


 and, of those, I handed out  2 four-star ratings to The White Forest and The Edgar Winners.  Choosing an overall winner is easy...The White Forest by Adam McOmber, hands down.  Adam has put together an amazing first novel and I highly recommend it.  Click the title above for my review.

2 comments:

fredamans said...

Happy October reading!

Red said...

Yet again, awesome stats! And good job with all the challenges you've already completed. Happy Oct reading!