SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Challenge Complete: A-Z Book Challenge







Back in December 2011 I joined up with Babies, Books & Signs for the A-Z Book Challenge
The goal: to read 26 books with titles beginning with each letter of the alphabet.  Since X is sometimes difficult, she allowed us to use a title that had an X somewhere in it.  I just finished up my last letter--Q.  So, one more challenge bites the dust! 

Here's my reading list:


A: Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (5/4/12)
B: Bland Beginning by Julian Symons (4/12/12)
C: Champagne for One by Rex Stout (3/5/12)
D: Dead as a Dinosaur by Frances & Richard Lockridge [3/8/12]
E: The Edgar Winners 33rd Annual Anthology of the Mystery Writers of America by Bill Pronzini (ed) [9/5/12]
F: Full Moon by P. G. Wodehouse (3/23/12)
G: The Greenwell Mystery by E. C. R. Lorac [3/3/12]
H: Hare Sitting Up by Michael Innes [3/9/12]
I: The Ink Dark Moon by Ono no Kumachi and Izumi Shikiba (3/17/12)
J: The Jesus Incident by Frank Herbert and Bill Ransom (2/29/12)
K: The Key by Patricia Wentworth
(8/5/12)
L: Lake of Sorrows by Erin Hart (10/14/12)

M: My Name Is Legion by Roger Zelazny (1/4/12)
N: Nantucket Soap Opera by S. F. X. Dean (3/20/12)
O: O' Artful Death by Sarah Stewart Taylor (6/20/12)
P: Pearls Before Swine by Margery Allingham (6/8/12)
Q: A Question of Time by Helen McCloy (10/15/12)
R: The Rose Window & Other Verse from New Poems by Rainer Maria Rilke (3/22/12)
S: Swan Song by Edmund Crispin (4/3/12) AND Stanford White: Letters to His Family by Claire Nicholas White, ed (6/5/12)
 T: A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (2/29/12)
U: Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett (1/19/12)
V: Venetia by Georgette Heyer (4/7/12)
W: The War of the Worlds Murder by Max Allan Collins (4/19/12)
X: The League of EXtra­or­di­nary Gen­tle­men (Vol 1) [read 4/6/12]
Y: The Yellow Room by Mary Roberts Rinehart [2/27/12]
Z: Z for Zachariah by Robert C O'Brien (library) [7/24/12]

8 comments:

fredamans said...

Congrats! I have X, Y and W left.

Gina @ Hott Books said...

hey.... I see that EX in there!! I've been looking for an actual x. GRR! I only have that J and Z to do.

Bev Hankins said...

@Gina: I had a book all lined up for an actual "X"--and then it disappeared from the library catalog before I got to it. that's when I bailed and did the wimpy "as long as there's an X in the title" route.

Debbie Rodgers @Exurbanis said...

I finished this challenge this week, too - my last book was "K". I had such a hard time finding one! (I've read The Key already.)

I "wimped out" on X, as well - and on Z for that matter. I've found a copy of the Zookeeper's Wife on my bookshelf so if I have time before the end of the year, I'll slip that in and make it really count. ;-)

srivalli said...

I finished this challenge too. I found a book for X XPD by Len Deight on, a spy novel. OK book, not a great read.

Jenners said...

I did this challenge the first year I started blogging and read the same Z book as you!

Congrats on finishing! It is a neat challenge isn't it?

TracyK said...

I am so behind, comparatively. I have A, J, K, V, X, Y, Z. Will be doing XPD for X. I am less worried about finding titles than finding the time to read those books and finish my other challenges. Anyway, Congratulations.

Bev Hankins said...

@srvalli: Most of the X books I could find had to do with the X-Men (graphic novels)--I wasn't so much into those. The book I originally was going to do was a poetry book. I have no idea why it was suddenly pulled from the shelves.

@Jenners: Yes, I like the A-Z ones. I also do the A-Z Mystery Authors challenge (among the kajillion challenges I sign up for every year).