Monday, October 15, 2012

Challenge Complete: A-Z Book Challenge







Back in December 2011 I joined up with Babies, Books & Signs for the A-Z Book Challenge
The goal: to read 26 books with titles beginning with each letter of the alphabet.  Since X is sometimes difficult, she allowed us to use a title that had an X somewhere in it.  I just finished up my last letter--Q.  So, one more challenge bites the dust! 

Here's my reading list:


A: Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (5/4/12)
B: Bland Beginning by Julian Symons (4/12/12)
C: Champagne for One by Rex Stout (3/5/12)
D: Dead as a Dinosaur by Frances & Richard Lockridge [3/8/12]
E: The Edgar Winners 33rd Annual Anthology of the Mystery Writers of America by Bill Pronzini (ed) [9/5/12]
F: Full Moon by P. G. Wodehouse (3/23/12)
G: The Greenwell Mystery by E. C. R. Lorac [3/3/12]
H: Hare Sitting Up by Michael Innes [3/9/12]
I: The Ink Dark Moon by Ono no Kumachi and Izumi Shikiba (3/17/12)
J: The Jesus Incident by Frank Herbert and Bill Ransom (2/29/12)
K: The Key by Patricia Wentworth
(8/5/12)
L: Lake of Sorrows by Erin Hart (10/14/12)

M: My Name Is Legion by Roger Zelazny (1/4/12)
N: Nantucket Soap Opera by S. F. X. Dean (3/20/12)
O: O' Artful Death by Sarah Stewart Taylor (6/20/12)
P: Pearls Before Swine by Margery Allingham (6/8/12)
Q: A Question of Time by Helen McCloy (10/15/12)
R: The Rose Window & Other Verse from New Poems by Rainer Maria Rilke (3/22/12)
S: Swan Song by Edmund Crispin (4/3/12) AND Stanford White: Letters to His Family by Claire Nicholas White, ed (6/5/12)
 T: A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (2/29/12)
U: Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett (1/19/12)
V: Venetia by Georgette Heyer (4/7/12)
W: The War of the Worlds Murder by Max Allan Collins (4/19/12)
X: The League of EXtra­or­di­nary Gen­tle­men (Vol 1) [read 4/6/12]
Y: The Yellow Room by Mary Roberts Rinehart [2/27/12]
Z: Z for Zachariah by Robert C O'Brien (library) [7/24/12]

8 comments:

fredamans said...

Congrats! I have X, Y and W left.

Gina @ Hott Books said...

hey.... I see that EX in there!! I've been looking for an actual x. GRR! I only have that J and Z to do.

Bev Hankins said...

@Gina: I had a book all lined up for an actual "X"--and then it disappeared from the library catalog before I got to it. that's when I bailed and did the wimpy "as long as there's an X in the title" route.

Debbie Rodgers @Exurbanis said...

I finished this challenge this week, too - my last book was "K". I had such a hard time finding one! (I've read The Key already.)

I "wimped out" on X, as well - and on Z for that matter. I've found a copy of the Zookeeper's Wife on my bookshelf so if I have time before the end of the year, I'll slip that in and make it really count. ;-)

srivalli said...

I finished this challenge too. I found a book for X XPD by Len Deight on, a spy novel. OK book, not a great read.

Jenners said...

I did this challenge the first year I started blogging and read the same Z book as you!

Congrats on finishing! It is a neat challenge isn't it?

TracyK said...

I am so behind, comparatively. I have A, J, K, V, X, Y, Z. Will be doing XPD for X. I am less worried about finding titles than finding the time to read those books and finish my other challenges. Anyway, Congratulations.

Bev Hankins said...

@srvalli: Most of the X books I could find had to do with the X-Men (graphic novels)--I wasn't so much into those. The book I originally was going to do was a poetry book. I have no idea why it was suddenly pulled from the shelves.

@Jenners: Yes, I like the A-Z ones. I also do the A-Z Mystery Authors challenge (among the kajillion challenges I sign up for every year).