SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does NOT represent me or anything associated with my blog. I DO NOT endorse anything that he claims.There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Friday, April 15, 2011

A-Z Blogging: Letter M


April is speeding right along! We're up to day number 12 on the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Every day in April (except Sundays) I will be doing a post for each letter of the alphabet. It is my plan to make most of my posts reading &/or book-related. April 15th is brought to you by the Letter M.

M is for My Reader's Block. My very own blog. Since my blogiversary is coming up (first post April 24th, 2010), I thought I would go ahead use My Reader's Block for today's letter. I may still be in a post-op cloud on the 24th and forget my blog's birthday. I started My Reader's Block purely as a reading journal for myself. I had taken tentative peeks into the blogging world at the instigation of a dear friend and found a lot of book blogs out here. It seemed like a really good way to keep track of my reading and record my thoughts on the books I read. So many times I'd think (with my aging brain), "I'm sure I've read that--but then couldn't really remember much about it." Just the simple act of recording my thoughts helps eveything stick just a little bit better.

I'm also really thankful for the blogging community that is out here. I have made so many really good blogging friends. People I would never have come into contact with if hadn't started this blogging journey. So--happy blogiversary to My Reader's Block on April 24th and thanks to all of you who have joined me on this journey.

M is also for Mysteries. Now, you knew I couldn't let M go by without bringing those up. Mysteries were my first real love in reading. My mom introduced me to Nancy Drew and from there I jumped to Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes and I was hooked. I love a good classic mystery-- where all the clues are there, mixed in with a good number of red herrings and it's up to the reader to try and get to the solution before the detective. So, mysteries are a major feature here on My Reader's Block. I'll read just about anything...historical, classic lit, poetry, science fiction, biography. But I always come back to mysteries.

1 comment:

fredamans said...

Happy Early Blogoversary! Congratulations!

(I'm a Nancy Drew fan too... and The Bobsey Twins too.)