Thursday, July 15, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: It's Hot


This week Booking Through Thursday has this for us:

Well, folks, I don't know about where you are, but right here, it's HOT.


So...when you think about "hot reading," what does that make you think of? Beach reading? Steamy romances? Books that take place in a hot climate? Or cold ones?
***************************************************************
Well...where I am it is also HOT. The powers-that-be have decided that since there's a heat advisory today, it must be too hot to run the air conditioning. We might overheat the poor little machinery. Or some such nonsense. But to the question....When I think of "hot reading" I think of a book that has such a hot story line or hot characterization or both that I just can't put it down. It must be read right now and in one sitting....and don't even think about interrupting me with mundane things like "When's dinner?" or "Bev, when are you coming to bed?" Of course, it also means a good, steamy romance novel...although I only go for those once in a while. You might say I have to be in the mood. :-)


2 comments:

Sa Toya said...

I totally agree with your definition for me it's a boo that totally keeps you trapped between the covers...sometimes even after it's over.
Heres mine!

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Perfect answer. Here's mine on Rose City Reader.

Stay cool!