Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week features a Top Ten in the world of Books. This week' s topic is: Top Ten Favorite Covers. The Broke & the Bookish admits to judging books by their covers...but has good reasons, being a graphic designer. I can't say that I'm really into cover art...although I do find it a turn off if the cover seems to have absolutely no relation to the book (or it radically changes the hair color/appearance of the main character/s. So, I can't really go through all the books I've read up till now (or that I have on my TBR list and say "Here's the top covers that really grabbed me." I've decided to take this a different route. I am really attached to the pocket size editions of books that came out in the 1930s-1960s and have managed to start a collection of those. Here are my Top Ten Pocket Size Edition Covers from those that I own:


4 comments:

Jamie said...

I just love all these covers. They remind me of all my old copies of Nancy Drew books that my mom gave me when I was younger.

Daisy said...

These are wonderfull! Make you take a trip down memory lane :)

WonderBunny said...

I love old book covers! They just crack me up sometimes. :)

Trisha said...

I LOVE IT! The fact that we both dig pulpy covers clearly means we should like be BFFs or something. I'm so glad you found my pulp fiction cover post at eclectic / eccentric!