Thursday, November 3, 2022

2023 Color Coded Reading Challenge: My Sign-Up

 


Every year I think I've used up my last title with "Brown" (or a shade of brown) for the Color Coded Reading Challenge and every year I prove myself wrong (or buy more books with suitable titles). I'll keep signing up as long as I have suitable titles (I'm determined to use titles and not covers).

Here's the basic rule: read nine books with the various colors listed below in their titles or as a dominant color/image on their covers. For full details, click the link above. I'll list my books and date read as they come.

1. Read book with "Blue" (or a shade of blue):
Jimmie Dale & the Blue Envelope Murder by Frank L. Packard (5/1/23)

2. Read a book with "Red" (or a shade of red):
The Crimson Clue by George Harmon Coxe (1/30/23)

3. Read a book with "Yellow" (or a shade of yellow):
The Mystery of the Yellow Hands by Jake & Luke Thoene (8/16/23)

4. Read a book with "Green" (or a shade of green):
Bony & the Kelly Gang by Arthur W. Upfield ["kelly green"] (3/23/23)

5. Read a book with "Brown" (or a shade of brown):
What Happened at Hazelwood? by Michael Innes (10/14/23)

6. Read a book with "Black" (or a shade of black):
The Black Cat Murders by Karen Baugh Menuhin (3/7/23)

7. Read a book with "White" (or a shade of white): 
The White Priory Murders by Carter Dickson (1/7/23)

8. Read a book with any other color:
Murder in Burgundy by Audrey Peterson (5/17/23)

9. Read a book a word/image that implies color (rainbow, polka dot, etc): 
Pride of the Peacock by Victoria Holt [peacock feathers are so colorful] (4/25/23)
 
 

No comments: