SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Challenge Complete: Super Password


I actually closed the Super Book Password Challenge back on September 1. It just wasn't getting at much participation as I had hoped for. But...since I posted two password clues for each category through the cancellation, I definitely think I can claim this as complete. Besides, I'm the challenge hostess so I can make the rules. Right? :-)
 
It's possible that I'll try to host this again in the future. I'll have to think about ways I might make it more attractive.

Monthly Categories and my reads:

January/February: Famous Person
Clue #1: Ride the Pink Horse by Dorothy B. Hughes (1/3/15)
Clue #2: A Dead Man in Istanbul by Michael Pearce (1/14/15) 
Clue #3: Rod Serling's Twilight Zone Revisited by Walter B. Gibson [adapted by] (1/20/15)
Clue #4: Pixie Tricks: The Greedy Gremlin by Tracey West (1/21/15) 
[William Shatner]

Clue #1 Death of a Tall Man by Frances & Richard Lockridge (1/31/15) 
Clue #2 Mystery! A Celebration: Stalking Public Television's Greatest Sleuths by Ron Miller (2/3/15)
Clue #3 I Killed: True Stories of the Road from America's Top Comics by Ritch Shydner & Mark Schiff (2/10/15)
Clue #4A 13 Steps Down by Ruth Rendell (2/15/15)
Clue #4B A Stitch in Time by Emma Lathen (2/17/15)
[Dick Van Dyke]

March/April: Historic Event  
Clue #1 Glenn Ford: A Life by Peter Ford (3/9/15)
Clue #2 Playground of Death by John Buxton Hilton (3/18/15) 
[Assassination of President Lincoln]

Clue #1 The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum (3/22/15) 
Clue #2 The False Inspector Dew by Peter Lovesey (4/1/15) 
[1st use of telegraph to catch a murderer--the Crippen case]

May/June: Movie Title   
Clue #1 The Eye in the Museum by J. J. Connington (5/8/15)
Clue #2 The Great Dinosaur Robbery by David Forrest (5/15/15)
Clue #3 Bones in the Barrow by Josephine Bell (5/29/15) 
Clue #4 The Silver Leopard by Helen Reilly 
[Bringing up Baby]

Clue #1A Falling Star by Patricia Moyes (6/12/15)
Clue #1B The Diamond-Studded Typewriter by Carlton Keith (6/14/15)
Clue #2 The Riddle of the Traveling Skull by Harry Stephen Keeler (621/15) 
[Around the World in Eighty Days]


July/August: Musical Group  
Clue #1 Grammy Lamby & the Secret Handshake by Kate & M. Sarah Klise (7/3/15)
Clue #2 The Lack of the Irish by Ralph McInerny (7/11/15)
[The Chieftains]

Clue #1 Brighton Rock by Graham Greene (previous: 3/2/15) 
Clue #2 The British Invasion by Barry Miles (7/20/15)
Clue #3 Conundrums for the Long Week-End by Robert Kuhn McGregor & Ethan Lewis (8/7/15) 
[The Hollies]

No comments: