Each year I join Adam from Roof Beam Reader for a round of TBR Tower Taming with his 2015 TBR Pile Challenge. I love challenges and I'm all about the ones that will help me knock out some of those stacks in my back room. We sign up to read at least 12 books (one for each month) from our TBR list. And we are allowed two alternates just in case we just can't finish a book for whatever reason. Each of these books must have been on your TBR list for AT LEAST one year. None of the books may have a publication date of 1/1/14 or later (yes, Adam will be checking).
I just finished my 12th book--eleven from the original list and one alternate--so my commitment is complete.
Here's my list:
1. The Stars, Like Dust by Isaac Asimov (pub 1951; on my TBR since 1993) [5/31/15]
3. Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood (pub 1996; on my TBR since 2010) [8/16/15]
4. Lost Laysen by Margaret Mitchell (1st pub 1996 [written 1916]; on my TBR since 2006) [2/17/15]
5. The Mote in God’s Eye by Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle (pub 1974; on my TBR since 1999) [4/12/15]
6. Robert F. Kennedy: His Life & Death by American Heritage, eds (pub 1968; on my TBR since 1991) [4/15/15]
7. The Humphrey Bogart Murder Case by George Baxt (pub 1995; on my TBR since at least 2011) [6/26/15]
8. Dine and Be Dead by Gwendoline Butler [pub 1960; on my TBR since 2009] (3/29/15)
10. Ten Thousand Light-Years from Home by James Tiptriee, Jr. [pub 1973; on my TBR since 1988] (1/2/15)
11. Death in Kashmir by M. M. Kaye [pub 1953; on my TBR since 2011] (8/25/15)
12. The Poe Shadow by Matthew Pearl [pub 2007; on my TBR since 2009] (9/25/15)
I usually try to read all twelve as well as both alternates and I may still do so....but I wouldn't bet on it this year. Too many other challenges still to finish.