SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Challenge Complete: Noah's October 8 Challenge

About this time last year, Noah, Golden Age Detection (GAD) aficionado and participant in my Vintage Mystery Challenge, put together the October 8 Challenge. A fiendish Bingo-style reading challenge designed to encourage us to read, think about, and write about GAD fiction in new and exciting ways--as well as to compete for glory and prizes.  

Of course, I signed up and said that I would complete at least one Bingo. And then realized I was going to have to scour the rust off my essay-writing skills. Because writing a review for one book isn't the same as tackling these multi-book essays (and I hadn't done this sort of thing since college...). 

Once I got into the groove, I really enjoyed myself and I want to thank Noah for putting this together and pushing me to think beyond one book at a time.

Here's the Bingo card and links to my essays:

Square 4C: Written in the 1940s (11/18/14)
Square 3B: Just a Girl Detective [linked by a theme] (2/18/15)
Square 4B: Written in the 1930s (5/25/15) 
Square 2B: Trains & Murder in the Golden Age [location] (5/26/15)
Square 1B: The Detection Club [inter-related personal lives] (9/8/15) 

No comments: