Monday, September 28, 2015

Challenge Complete: Book Blogger Recommendations

For 2015 Kristin at the Geeky Zoo Girl took over The Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge, which was hosted by Reading with Tequila but seems to have since disappeared. She put out a call for book recommendations, and then gave us at least 100 titles to choose from.

The rules are crazy simple:
  1. The challenge runs from January 1st 2014 to December 31st 2015
  2. There are five levels to choose from. You can increase your goal as many times as you want, or (because we all know real life happens!) you can decrease your goal once at any point throughout the year.
  3. The full list of books to choose from will go up on New Year’s Eve: Click HERE
  4. You don’t have to commit in advance to your choices, though of course you can plan them if you want to.
The Levels
Bronze – 3 books
Silver – 5 books
Gold – 10 books
Platinum – 25 books
Diamond – 50 books +

I signed up for the Bronze level. I thought I might do more depending on the list--but there just weren't that many on the list that I wanted to try (there were a bunch that I had already read...) I have now completed my three and fulfilled my commitment.

My books:
1. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (9/19/15)
2. The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum (3/22/15)
3. Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters (9/28/15)

No comments: