Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser.

Here's mine from Naked Is the Best Disguise: The Death and Resurrection of Sherlock Holmes by Samuel Rosenberg: 

The syndrome set in motion by the ring and the book accelerates when Inspector Lestrade, who never gets anything right, finds a false clue to the murder. Pointing to a corner of the syndromic dark apartment, he shouts triumphantly: "Look at that!"

{This is turning into a rather dry, pedantic look at Sherlock Holmes and his creator, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.}


4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

I like stories about Sherlock Holmes and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle but I don't think "dry, pedantic" would be much of a draw for me. My teasers this week are from The Chance by Robyn Carr and House of Ivy & Sorrow by Natalie Whipple. Happy reading!

Bev Hankins said...

Yeah, Kathy--I knew this was nonfiction, but the description led me to believe that it would be more interesting....

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Although I enjoy the Sherlock Holmes stories, I don't think this book is for me. Just his use of the word "syndromic" in your Teaser is enough to put me off! I'll admit that I looked it up and felt silly when I saw the definition -- I should have known that! -- but I've never seen that form of "syndrome."
My Teaser is from SNOW FENCE ROAD.

fredamans said...

Ok then.... dry is putting it mildly.