Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday Snapshot

West Metro Mommy Reads

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads. To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky below. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.

I have been away from this meme for far too long. Long enough that I just discovered that Melinda had taken it on after Alyce. Hi, Melinda! It's nice to meet you!

I just recently started scanning in a lot of vintage pictures for our family heritage Facebook page. It seemed to me a good time to get back on the Saturday Snapshot bandwagon.

 So, for my first entry of 2014, I'd like to share this picture of my Grandpa Ingols. April is his birth month and it seems appropriate to have him be the subject of the first photo shared. He passed away in 2011 at the age of 95. His birthday was April 28th and he's about 4 in this picture.




8 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I absolutely adore the old pictures...thanks for sharing.

And thanks for visiting my blog.

Louise said...

That's such a great shot- it's hard to think of our grandparents as youngsters sometimes,when we only ever knew them as old.

Brona said...

I love the onesy - he was ahead of his times :-)

Unknown said...

I love that you have found all those photos. I like your idea of scanning them onto your computer. I think I'm going to ask my mom for some of my grandmother's pictures so I can do the same. I wonder if I could get a digital photo frame/album for my mantle?? Thank you so much for the inspiration!
Amanda at His and Her Hobbies

Jackie McGuinness said...

Lovely! You might want to check out Sepia Saturday for posting old photos.

Paulita said...

What a great remembrance of him. You rarely see people smiling in these old photos. Here's Mine

Susan Lindquist said...

Love how his overalls are all folded up to allow grow room ... there are pictures of my Dad in overalls like that that were WAY too big, but would last for a good while ... isn't doing genealogy work fascinating? My husband is WAY into it and we learn so much doing the research!

Anonymous said...

Neat photo! Thanks for sharing from your family's past.

My husband recently created an album of photos of his grandfather. Before that, he replicated a journal of his aunt, which has been much sought among his relations.