Super Book Password

The third round of Super Book Password is off and running. Two clues up for the "Movie Title" Password. Click sidebar picture to find the appropriate link.


Some of Bev's Favorite Quotes...



Thursday, January 31, 2013

Booking Through Thursday: On Loan

Image Credit



This week, BTT asks: "Do you lend your books? Are any out on loan right now? Do you have any that have been loaned to you? Do you put a time limit on these? Do you think people should make an effort to read the loaned book quickly?"
I rarely lend my books.  Mostly because few people in real life have the same reading tastes that I do.  Occasionally I find a book that I think someone I know might really enjoy and I do loan it out.  Currently, I have Helen Reilly's Compartment K out on loan to someone who was taking a train trip in Canada (just like in the book).  We were talking about her trip and I mentioned how I had just finished the Reilly book.  She thought it would be really cool to read the book with her partner while they were on the train. [And that reminds me....I need to see if they were able to finish it yet.]  


And, foolishly, I don't put a time limit on my loans.  Maybe I should.....I really do think that people should make the effort to read loaned books quickly.  I do whenever I borrow a book.  Again, that's rare....I have so many books on my own TBR mountain range that I really don't need to borrow books from anybody--not even the library.  But, again, occasionally one will be mentioned in conversation and I'll think, I'd like to read that....and so I borrow.  My most frequent lending librarian is my good friend Richard.  For the most part, he has saved me when I've managed to leave the house without a book in my purse (gasp!)...he's a professor in the English Department where I work, so I've raided his bookshelves a couple of times when I needed something to read on my lunch hour--'cuz the girl has to read whenever she has a chance.  Fortunately his mother was a reader of vintage mysteries (which he inherited) and he has a lovely shelf or two in his office from which I can choose.


Image found at Pretty Sinister Books

1 comment:

neer said...

How lucky for you to have a colleague whose books you can borrow. :) I too feel terribly wretched if I forget to pick up a book before leaving house.