Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 A-Z Mystery Authors Challenge








I was very excited to get an email from Michelle (just a couple of minutes ago) saying that her challenge sign-up was ready to go.  I love me some mysteries!  And I love trying to fill out the alphabet with mystery authors.  Here's the word from Michelle herself:

I am going to continue this again this year because I love seeing what my friends and readers are reading in one of my favorite genres.
I only read a handful of mysteries last year but really enjoyed the ones I did. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn blew my mind! Shadow Creek by Joy Fielding was also really fun!
This challenge pretty much runs itself. I thank my three very loyal readers and posters (you know you who are!) for doing such an amazing job last year with this challenge. 
I'm not going to state any goals for myself but really look forward to seeing what folks read this year.
Rules: A-Z represents the LAST name of the author in the mystery, thriller, suspense, cozy, noir, etc. genre. Read as many or as little as you want. Post your links here for your Challenge post and your reviews! (click link above to take you there) Challenge Runs January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013

My declared commitment will once again be for the letters A-M.  I say that because, although I will try for every letter, I will probably have to cheat on the letter X.  There are few authors whose last name starts with X and even fewer in mystery genres I like--so I'll probably wind up sticking an X wherever it will work.  

Here's my list:
A: The Silence of Herondale by Joan Aiken (4/21/13)
B: The Chinese Parrot by Earl Derr Biggers (6/18/13)
C: Veiled Murder by Alice Campbell (1/28/13)
D: Sally's in the Alley by Norbert Davis (3/25/13)
E: The Mystery of Hunting's End by Mignon G. Eberhart (3/29/13)
F: The Devil's Stronghold by Leslie Ford (4/21/13)
G: The Case of the Careless Kitten by Erle Stanley Gardner (7/23/13)
H: Murder on Safari by Elspeth Huxley (6/8/13)
I: The Long Farewell by Michael Innes (8/3/13)
J: Malcolm Sage: Detective by Herbert Jenkins (9/8/13)
K: Holiday Homicide by Rufus King (4/23/13)
L: The Lady in the Morgue by Jonathan Latimer (3/10/13)
M: Death at the Bar by Ngaio Marsh (8/28/13)
_________________________________
N: Dead of a Counterplot by Simon Nash (10/20/13)
O: The World's Best 100 Short Stories III: Mystery by Grant Overton (ed) [2/24/13]
P: The Puzzle of the Silver Persian by Stuart Palmer (1/15/13)
Q: Black Widow by Patrick Quentin (4/3/13)
R: The Quiet Road to Death by Sheila Radley (12/8/13)
S: Murder at Markham by Patricia Sprinkle (1/26/13)
T: Aaron's Serpent by Emily Thorn (2/22/13)
U: The Mountains Have a Secret by Arthur W. Upfield (4/16/13)
V: Maid to Murder by Roy Vickers (11/3/13)
W: Corpses at Indian Stones by Philip Wylie (2/7/13)
X: Choice of Evils by E. X. Ferrars (5/4/13)
Y: The Small Hours of the Morning by Margaret Yorke (11/15/13)
Z: A Habit for Death by Chuck Zito (12/17/13)



No comments: