Friday, December 30, 2022

My Life in Books: End of 2022

(Not the books read this year)

Before I do my more official (stat-oriented) year-end wrap-up, I thought I'd go ahead and do one with a bit more whimsy to it. Besides, there's still a day and a half to go and I'm hoping to finish one and a half more books to finish off my last reading challenge, so I can't do the official wrap-up yet.

Here's what reading on the Block looked like using titles to fill in the prompts.....

Describe myself: (a) Witness for the Prosecution (by Agatha Christie)

How do I feel: Read & Buried (by Erika Chase)

Describe where I currently live: Where Two Ways Met (by Grace Livingston Hill)

If I could go anywhere, where I would go: (to) The Old English Peep Show by Peter Dickinson

My favorite form of transportation: Midnight Sailing (by Lawrence G. Blcohman)

My best friend(s) is/are (the): Fadeaway Girl (by Martha Grimes)

My friends and I are: The Ghost Finders (by Adam McOmber)

What's the weather like: The Mist in the Mirror (by Susan Hill)

Favorite Time of Day: Home by Nightfall (by Charles Finch)

What is life to me: Brand Spanking New Day (by Berkeley Breathed)

My fear: Flying Too High (by Kerry Greenwood)

What is the best advice I have to give: Always Lock Your Bedroom Door (by Roy Winsor)

Thought for the day: The Lady with the Gun Asks the Questions (by Kerry Greenwood)

How I would like to die: Slow Dancing with the Angel of Death by (Helen Chappell)

My soul's present condition: Be Holding (by Ross Gay)

One time at band/summer camp, I: (rode) The Pale Horse (by Agatha Christie)

Weekends at my house are: (all about reading) Eight Perfect Murders (by Peter Swanson)

My neighbor is: The Man in the Moonlight (by Helen McCloy)

My ex was: (an example of) Striding Folly (by Dorothy L. Sayers)

My superhero secret identity is: The Black Hand (by Will Thomas)

You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry because: I am The Devil in Music (by Kate Ross)

I’d win a gold medal in: The Murder Game (by Steve Allen --or at least at a game of reading mysteries)

I’d pay good money for: The Attenbury Emeralds (by Jill Paton Walsh)

If I were president, I would: [ask] What Just Happened (by Charles Finch_

When I don’t have good books: [there is] A Scream in Soho (by John G. Brandon)

Loud talkers at the movies should: [suffer] The Curse of the Fleers (by Basil Copper)

No comments: