Saturday, December 3, 2022
Book Challenge by Erin 18.0
First and foremost, have fun. Don't stress. No one is being judged, graded, or penalized. Even if you finish only one book the entire challenge, if you enjoy it and it's an accomplishment for you, then that's awesome.
The challenge runs from January 1, 2023 - April 30 2023. You submit your book list prior to beginning the challenge. Exchanges are accepted for the first round, but not in the bonus round (announced later). No books started before 12 a.m. on January 1 or finished after 11:59 p.m. on April 30 will count. (We live in different time zones--follow according to your own time zone.) Each book must be at least 200 pages long. Audio books are fine too. Read one book for each category. For full details see Erin's page on Facebook (link above). You will need to join the private group to view (link above).
1. (5 points) Freebie (any book at least 200 pages): Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper [252 pages] (1/23/23)
2. (10 points) Book set in Australia or by Australian author: Wings Above the Diamantina by Arthur W. Upfield [302 pages]
3. (10 points) Author goes by three names: The Crimson Clue by George Harmon Coxe [214 pages] (1/30/23)
4. (15 points) Book with "black" or "white" in title: The White Priory Murders by Carter Dickson [214 pages] (1/7/23)
5. (20 points) GoodReads award winner from any year: Dead Wake by Erik Larson (History/Bio Winner 2015) [430 pages]
6. (20 points) Set in small town/rural area: Murder R.F.D. by Leslie Stephan [241 pages]
7. (25 pointa) Book with "heart" or "love" in title: Heart of the Sun by Pamela Sargent & George Zebrowski [245 pages]
8. (30 points) Book starts with first letter of your first name: Bats in the Belfry by E. C. R. Lorac [253 pages]
9. (30 points) Book with unusual narrator: Mrs. Frisby & the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. Obrien [233 pages] (1/1/23)
10 (35 points) Book with prime number under 1000 in title: Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome [315 pages]