Monday, December 26, 2022

The Ultimate Reader's Block Challenge Wrap-Up



 Last year, I decided that rather than post wrap-up links for each challenge, I would have a one-stop shopping plan. If you participated in any of the Reader's Block challenges, then you may submit your wrap-up posts here. The linky will be open until Friday, January 6th. At that time I will pick random winners* from all the challenges to select a prize from the prize vault. If you have participated in more than one challenge, you are welcome to submit a separate wrap-up post for each challenge and earn yourself an entry for every challenge. (*Number of winners will depend on where winners are from--I don't want to exclude my friends from outside the US, but shipping costs won't allow me to do many of those.)


Please list your name in the following manner (especially if you've got more than one entry): 

Name (challenge name) [example-- Bev@My Reader's Block (Vintage Scattergories)]

If you don't blog and don't have an URL to link up, you may post your wrap-ups in comments below (one comment per challenge) and I'll add you into the drawing. I will keep my eye on the entries and enter everyone onto a spread sheet in the order I see the entries appear. That order will determine the number for the random number generator to select.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Jean said...

I took a break for a couple of months and several of my titles aren't blogged. It's OK if you don't want to enter me into the drawing! :)

Bev Hankins said...

Jean--no problem. Reviews aren't required, so it's okay that you haven't blogged about them all.

Unknown said...

This is Vasha. My "blog" was posts to the Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge group on Facebook, but since that group was made private (thanks a bunch, Facebook, for making that necessary by removing the admin's ability to approve members before joining!) few people can see them any more. You can see my reviews, minus some of the personal bloggy stuff, via my StoryGraph profile though I believe you have to be logged in to StoryGraph for that too. Anyhow, here's my list of 24 books (which doesn't include a couple of DNFs). At least two were unambiguous five-star reads, and most of the others were very good too. A fine year, with a lot of good among the 50-odd non-TBR books I read also.

• Jean-Christophe Chauzy: Béton armé
• Elizabeth Wayland Barber: Women's Work: The First 20,000 Years—Women, Cloth, and Society in Early Times
• Enki Bilal and Pierre Christin: Partie de chasse
• Melissa Blue: Grumpy Jake
• Alyssa Cole: When No One Is Watching
• Ruby Daniel with Barbara C. Johnson: Ruby of Cochin: An Indian Jewish Woman Remembers
• Lane Greene: Talk on the Wild Side: Why Language Can't Be Tamed
• Linda Greenlaw: The Hungry Ocean: A Swordboat Captain's Journey
• Zora Neale Hurston: Mules and Men
• Robert Irwin: The Arabian Nightmare
• N.K. Jemisin: The Fifth Season
• N.K. Jemisin: The Obelisk Gate
• N.K. Jemisin: The Stone Sky
• Ibram X. Kendi: How to Be an Antiracist
• Alan Lightman: Einstein's Dreams
• James W. Loewen: Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism
• Scott McCloud: Understanding Comics: The Invisible Art
• Raymond Queneau: Exercises de style
• Hallie Rubenhold: The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper
• Linda Smukler: Normal Sex
• Stacy Schiff: Cleopatra: A Life
• Robert Louis Stevenson: Kidnapped
• Laurel Thatcher Ulrich: A Midwife's Tale: The Life of Martha Ballard, Based on Her Diary, 1785-1812
• Jane Yolen: The Hundredth Dove and Other Tales

Bev Hankins said...

Congratulations, Vasha! Facebook can be so frustrating sometimes...

neer said...

Hi Bev. No 15 is me, Neeru @ a hot cup of pleasure. Thanks for hosting such interesting challenges.

Wishing you and your family a very happy 2023.

Veronica @ The Burgeoning Bookshelf said...

Sorry I missed the wrap up link but I failed my challenge of reading 12 books from my TBR pile :( I only read 6 books. I will try again for 2023. I really need to get my massive backlist of books under control.