Thursday, October 12, 2017

Looking Towards the 2018 Edition of the Vintage Mystery Challenge

Hello, fellow vintage mystery lovers! It's the time of year when challenge hosts start thinking about next year's challenges. Anyone who's been involved with my Vintage Mystery Challenge knows that I like to change things up every couple years or so. We've had the Scavenger Hunt style challenge for two years and it's been fun hunting images on the covers, but I wanted to ask your opinion on the 2018 Edition. Would you like something completely different (which will be a surprise, because I'm still working on the details) or would you like a reprise of an earlier version of the challenge? Below, you'll find links to the various editions of the challenge so those who've been playing from the beginning can refresh your memories and newer folks can see what we've done before. In the side bar to the left, you'll find the poll. Here are the poll options

1. Vintage Mystery Bingo
2. Vintage Scattergories
3. Vintage Mystery Themes
4. The Original Vintage Mystery Challenge
5. Another Round of Vintage Scavenger Hunt 
6. New & Improved--Surprise 2018 Edition

Two things--If we return to the Original Vintage Mystery Challenge, I will not be able to promise prizes for everyone again. I will have to arrange check-in posts or other prize awarding competitions. And if a previous edition is chosen that did not yet include Silver Age  participation, I will add a Silver Age level for those who like their mysteries with a little less age on them.

8 comments:

Peggy Ann said...

Any of them except bingo. Although you have my curiosity up with the scavenger hunt update!

Bev Hankins said...

Peggy Ann: If we do the Scavenger Hunt again--it will probably be pretty much the same.

Peggy Ann said...

Oh, I read it wrong. When I stopped in the other day the 6th one was hooked onto the end of the scavenger hunt and I thought that meant you had something new on it. Something new sounds intriguing. You always come up with great ideas.

Becky said...

I like the Vintage Scattergories :) Or the original one. Or the completely new one. I'm not as into the scavenger hunt ones though.

Bev Hankins said...

Peggy Ann--yeah, I saw that my choices had merged. So, I fixed it.

Becky--I'm leaning away from the Scavenger Hunt (because I like changing things up--even if it's a return to a past version). But would do it again if it were popular. So, far it's not grabbing the votes....

TracyK said...

I like either Vintage Scattergories or Vintage Mystery Themes.

reese said...

I've only done it one year, so I'm not yet jaded on the Scavenger Hunt. But the Scattergories does also sound fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm fine with whatever you choose, but I do prefer the ones that have a graphic scorecard on which to check off items, such as the bingo or scavenger hunt. The original challenge wouldn't work so well for that. The 36 items per card in the bingo or 37 in scattegories would seem a breeze after the 75 items in the scavenger hunt.