Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Mountaineering Checkpoint #3


Oh my goodness!  Where does the time go?  Last I checked, September was just starting....and now it's gone and it's time to get the third quarterly checkpoint up and running. Let's see how our challengers are doing after they've got 9 months under the ol' mountain-climbing belt.  

For those who would like to participate in this checkpoint post, I'd like you to do two things:
 


1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read).  If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc. 

2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
A. Who has been your favorite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.
B. Pair up two of your reads. But this time we're going for opposites. One book with a male protagonist and one with a female protagonist. One book with "Good" in the title and one with "Evil." Get creative and show off a couple of your books.
C. Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?
D. Choose 1-4 titles from your stacks and using a word from the title, do an image search.  Post the first all-eyes-friendly picture associated with that word.


Please prepare your answers in a Checkpoint blog post and link up below.


And what do you get for all that hard work (and distraction from the actual climb)? The link will close at 11:59 pm on Tuesday, October 10.  Sometime next Wednesday I will crank up the Custom Random Number Generator and pick a winning climber. He or she will have the chance to add to their TBR stack via my gently-used book vault (prize list will be sent). Just think, if you win a book you can start up a pile for next year's Mount TBR Challenge. 

Even if you're not in the mood for a prize or you've already finished your climb, I'd love to have you check in with us and tell us all your news!

***Please note--the linky is for Checkpoint posts only.  The link must be to a specific Checkpoint post (not your blog's home page in general). Links that are not Checkpoint-specific will be removed--to make it easier for me to track a winner.  Enter here OR on my Goodreads Challenge site (but not both places, please).


Sign in below with your Checkpoint post.




6 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I just reached Mt. Vancouver right at the end of September! I don't know if I'll make it to Ararat before the end of the year - I want to spend the last part of the year wrapping up challenges and reading just for pleasure. But I do have a few TBR books in the queue, so it's possible!

Lisbeth said...

I am just behind you. One more book to go and another 135 meters!

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit slow responding to this checkpoint due to having been on holiday, but I did manage to schedule a post on Mount TBR for the end of September: https://calmgrove.wordpress.com/2017/09/30/tbr2/

The Bluff Your Way in Teaching has been the longest on my shelves, having been lurking there despite the fact I retired from teaching in 2008 and, anyway, many of its barbs were aimed at imbecilities that are no longer in vogue -- just replaced by different imbecilities!

You can see that my Mont Blanc target has slipped a bit but I still have 'high' hopes of achieving the peak by year's end . . .

Lory said...

Oops, I missed the linky deadline. Here's my post:

https://emeraldcitybookreview.com/2017/10/mount-tbr-checkpoint-3.html

Unknown said...

I also missed the deadline! But here is my post:

https://falconerslibrary.blogspot.com/2017/10/mt-tbr-checkin-3.html

Nick Senger said...

Yes, I missed the deadline, too, and even missed all of the earlier checkpoints. But at least I got one in this month: http://www.nicksenger.com/onecatholiclife/mount-vancouver-tbr-checkpoint-october-2017