Gilion is our hostess for the European Reading Challenge each year – where participants tour Europe through books. And have a chance to win a prize. Please join us for the Grand Tour!
THE LIST: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia,
I set my sights on the FIVE STAR (DELUXE ENTOURAGE): Read at least five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries. I actually met this goal back in May, but have been reading on to see how many I can get. Her challenge actually goes through the end of January, but for the purposes of my year-end wrap-up, I'm closing out my challenge at the end of December with twelve books read. Thanks, Gilion for hosting!
1. The Girl in the Cellar by Patricia Wentworth [England/UK] (1/9/16)
2. The Philomel Foundation by James Gollin [Switzerland] (3/11/16)
3. The Chalk Circle Man by Fred Vargas [France] (4/21/16)
4. Death in Cyprus by M. M. Kay [Cyprus] (4/22/16)
5. The Family Tomb by Michael Gilbert [Italy] (5/10/16)
6. Running Blind by Desmond Bagley [Iceland] (5/11/16)
7. Murder at the Savoy by Maj Sjöwall & Per Wahlöö [Sweden] (5/20/16)
8. Murder in Amsterdam by A. J. Baantjer [Netherlands] (6/3/16)
9. The Warsaw Anagrams by Richard Zimler [Poland] (7/17/16)
10. A Dead Man in Athens by Michael Peare [Greece] (7/28/16)
11. The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carre [Germany] (8/2416)
12. Grendel by John Gardner [Denmark] (12/28/16)