Thursday, November 24, 2016

Color Coded Reading Challenge 2017: My Sign-Up




I keep thinking that I've used up all the shades of brown on my TBR piles (I insist on having the color in my titles) and I keep finding another. So, I'll be signing up for my Color Coded Reading Challenge one more time...

Here's the basic rule: Read nine books in the following categories.  

1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
Death with Blue Ribbon by Leo Bruce (4/20/17) 

2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Little Red Guard by Wenguang Huang (6/7/17)
 
3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
The Golden Bird Folk Tales from Slovenia by Vladimir Kavčič (5/16/17)

4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Green Turtle Mystery by Ellery Queen, Jr. (3/19/17)

5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Secret of the Wooden Lady by Carolyn Keene (6/19/17)

6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Black Count by Tom Reiss (1/21/17)
The Ebony Bed by Rufus Gillmore

7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title/on the cover.
Mystery in White by J. Jefferson Farjeon (6/11/17)

8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
When the Sea Turned to Silver by Grace Lin (1/24/17)

9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
The Polka Dot Nude by Joan Smith (5/2/17)

5 comments:

Lisbeth said...

Sounds like a great way to start the 2017 reading year. I am in, and will write a post about it.

Julie said...

I'm in this one too! I love love your challenges!

http://jreadinglife.blogspot.com/2016/11/my-first-challenges-for-2017.html

A. Rivera said...

Have seen it before, but never tried it. This is the year I am jumping in and giving it a go.

Here is my post about it:

http://itinerantlibrarian.blogspot.com/2017/01/reading-by-colors-in-2017.html

Anonymous said...

This looks like an interesting idea! I recently read The Blue Castle by L.M.Montgomery and that's a great fit for the blue coded reviews. I hope I can still join up! :)

Bev Hankins said...

desaideshna: I hope you visited the main challenge page--you are welcome to sign up through the beginning of November.