SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Checkpoint #2: Adam's TBR Pile Challenge



2015TBRbutton


Adam from Roof Beam Reader is calling for the second checkpoint in his 2015 TBR Pile Challenge


I'm a little slow out of the starting gate this year. So far, I have finished one of my declared TBR books:

 Ten Thousand Light-Years from Home by James Tiptriee, Jr. [pub 1973; on my TBR since 1988] (1/2/15)


Adam has also asked us a question for our checkpoint: 

Since it will be Valentine’s Day weekend when this post goes live, I have to ask: Do you have any “romantic” books on your 2015 TBR challenge list? If so, which ones?! (This could be capital r Romantic, or regular lovey-steamy romantic).

Hmmm. Not really. I've got Death in Kashmir by M. M. Kaye on the list and Kaye normally throws a little romance in to her mystery plots, but the romance isn't really the point. I'm not a big romance novel reader...and I didn't choose any classics that would fall into the Romantic category.
 

No comments: