Friday, February 6, 2015

A-Z Mystery Author Challenge






I'm always excited to get an email from Michelle saying that her A-Z Mystery Author challenge sign-up is ready to go.  I just got it tonight.  You all have to know that I love me some mysteries!  And I love trying to fill out the alphabet with mystery authors. 


Rules: A-Z represents the LAST name of the author in the mystery, thriller, suspense, cozy, noir, etc. genre. Read as many or as little as you want. Post your links at her site for your Challenge post and your reviews! (click link above to take you there).  Challenge Runs February 6, 2015 - February 6, 2015
 
My declared commitment will once again be for the letters A-M.  I say that because, although I will try for every letter, I will probably have to cheat on the letter X.  There are few authors whose last name starts with X and even fewer in mystery genres I like--so I'll probably wind up sticking an X wherever it will work.  
 
Here's my list. Sometimes, I fill it in ahead of time--this year I'm going to fill them in as they come:

A: The Darling Dahlias & the Cucumber Tree by Susan Wittig Albert (6/5/15)
B: Dine & Be Dead by Gwendoline Butler (3/29/15)
C: Night Train to Paris by Manning Coles (3/14/15)
D: Death Dines Out by Theodora Du Bois (9/30/15)
E: The Cases of Susan Dare by Mignon G. Eberhart (8/10/15)
F: The Great Dinosaur Robbery by David Forrest (5/15/15)
G: Brighton Rock by Graham Greene (3/2/15)
H: Playground of Death by John Buxton Hilton (3/18/15)
I: The Gay Phoenix by Michael Innes (9/30/15)
J: Murder Past Due by Miranda James (7/13/15)
K: The Ringmaster's Secret by Carolyn Keene (4/16/15)
L: A Stitch in Time by Emma Lathen (2/17/15)
M: Panic by Helen McCloy (2/22/15)

****Bonus****
N: Death Over Deep Water by Simon Nash (2/8/15)
O:
P: The Bookfair Murders by Anna Porter (7/29/15)
Q: The Vanishing Corpse by Ellery Queen (10/31/15)
R: Caught Dead in Philadelphia by Gilian Roberts (2/11/15)
S: The Three Fears by Jonathan Stagge (5/17/15)
T: Shadow of a Doubt by June Thomson (7/27/15)
U: Hand of Fate by Michael Undewood (7/5/15)
V:
W: The Secret of Magnolia Manor by Helen Wells (2/24/15)
X: The Bat Flies Low by Sax Rohmer (9/10/15)
Y:
Z: Murder in the Hellfire Club by Donald Zochert (11/3/15)

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I need to get reading!