Thursday, December 28, 2023

The Clock Reading Challenge

 




Jo at Jo Linsdell is sponsoring a very straightforward reading challenge: 12 books in 12 months. Each book should have numbers from one to twelve in the title so we can fill in our clock face. For more info and to join in, please see her link. I've listed my tentative choices.

One: One by One They Disappeared by Moray Dalton (3/2/24)
Two: Man of Two Tribes by Arthur W. Upfield (2/22/24)
Three: Bodies from the Library 3 by Tony Medawar, ed (1/7/24)
Four: Murder in Four Degrees by J. S. Fletcher OR The Four Feathers by A. E. W. Mason
Five: Five Victorian Ghost Novels by E. F. Bleiler, ed.
Six: The Six Queer Things by Christopher St. John Sprigg
Seven: The Door with Seven Locks by Edgar Wallace OR The Seven Deadly Sisters by Patricia McGerr
Eight: Eight Detectives by Alex Pavesi
Nine: Wycliffe & the Guild of Nine by W. J. Burley OR Nine Times Nine by Anthony Boucher
Ten: Ten Days' Wonder by Ellery Queen OR Bloody Ten by William F. Love
Eleven: Eleven Came Back by Mabel Seeley
Twelve: The Twelve Deaths of Christmas by Marian Babson OR The Twelve Disguises by Francis Beeding

4 comments:

Jo Linsdell said...

I'm so happy you'll be doing the 2024 challenge! I don't think I've read any of the books you've listed here on your TBR. Always great to discover more possible book choices for the challenge. Can't wait to see how you get on.

Bev Hankins said...

Jo: I'm a Vintage Mystery (pre-1960, mostly) fan, so a large number of these are from that period.

Rick Mills said...

Elevens in titles are hard to come by, but Eleven Came Back is a good one. I enjoyed reading a book about the high desert of Wyoming while we were in a cold Maine winter. I reviewed this one on my blog too.

Bev Hankins said...

Rick: Yeah, eleven is difficult. This is the only one I've got on my shelves. I read it years ago and thought I was due for a reread.