Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Reading Challenge News & Upcoming Celebrations




2020 and 2021 are anniversary years here at the Block. In April of next year, My Reader's Block will be ten years old (my how time flies!) and January 2021 will mark the 10th anniversary of the ever-changing Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge. With those two things in mind, the upcoming edition of the Vintage Mystery Challenge--named for 2020 and 2021 "Vintage Mystery Extravaganza"--will include a brand-new section as well as a look back at all the versions of the challenge over the last ten years. 

I will begin posting sign-ups for next year's challenges in the coming week. The Calendar of Crime, Mount TBR, Virtual Mount TBR, and Color Coded/Read It Again, Sam Challenges will all return to the Block as well. 

A bit of news for Monthly Key Word Challenge fans: Kim from Bookmark to Blog was the original host for this challenge. When she started blogging with Tanya at Girlxoxo, she handed the reins over to Claudia at My Soul Called Life with the understanding that Claudia would hand it back if she decided not to do it anymore. Claudia's blog abruptly disappeared and when I couldn't get in touch with her, I (not knowing about the arrangement with Kim) decided to host a variation myself. Kim has been in touch and I am handing the challenge back to her. Stay tuned--I will most definitely be signing up and will point you all in the right direction once she has the challenge posted.

Other challenge news: Sign-ups and final wrap-ups will look a bit different this year. My linky provider has put a limit on the number of link-ups I can have open at one time, so I will be using my limit to cover the monthly review link-ups for most challenges and all other sign-ups will be done through Google forms. I thought folks might be most interested in having review links visible--to check out any tempting titles. I will have to rethink the Color Coded and Read it Again Review links (if I can find an alternate way to make review links visible for those, I will).


4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I plan on signing up for a bunch of your challenges. I have a post planned for late November in which I mention the challenges I'll be participating in for 2020. The linky limit is ultimately what made me decide to give up on linkies. I'm curious about using Google forms. I'll have to see how you do it and if you like it.

Bev Hankins said...

Kimberly:

The main thing I don't like about the Google forms is I can't figure out how to get results to appear on the blog--it would be nice if folks could see how many other participants there are. I'm still trying though, we'll see if I can conquer it.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I hit the 10 year mark at True Book Addict in August. Didn't even post about it. :( Probably too late now.

Happy 10 years...a bit early. Glad some of us from the old days are still at it. ;)

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks, Michelle!