Friday, October 18, 2019
Color Coded & Read It Again, Sam Reading Challenges 2020
There continues to be a lot of love out there for both the Color Coded and Read It Again, Sam Challenges. Since I don't monitor these quite as closely as my other challenges, I set these up on the same site. The Headquarters with review links and wrap-up links will be posted on the sidebar at the beginning of the year. Here are the challenge descriptions and sign-up forms:
The Color Coded Challenge
Once again the categories will be more open--the color may either be named in the title or it may appear as the dominant color for the cover of the book. For "implies color" the image implying cover should dominate the cover--for instance a large rainbow, a field of flowers, or the image of a painter. Get ready for a rainbow of reading in 2020.
Here are the rules:
~Challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2020 and any book read after January 1 may count regardless of when you sign up. Sign-ups accepted until November 1, 2020.
~Read nine books in the following categories:
1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Beige, Sand, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Magenta, Pink, etc.).
9. A book with a word that implies color in the title/on the cover (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Shadow, Paint, Ink, etc.).
~Crossovers with other challenges are fine.
~Please post about the challenge on your blog, if you have one and sign up using the form below. Give your name and blog (Example: Bev@My Reader's Block) and use a direct link to your challenge post as your url. Please don't connect to just your home page. Links to a list on GoodReads or other social media sites are also acceptable.
~No blog or social media site? No problem! Just skip that question on sign-up form.
~I am still tinkering with how reviews will be handled this year--my linky provider has limited the number of linky "parties" I can have open, so I'm looking for a new system. Stay Tuned!