SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Friday, August 2, 2019

Challenge Commitment Complete: Six Shooter Mystery Reading Challenge


The Six Shooter Mystery Reading Challenge
Sponsored by Rick @ Rick Mills Project

This was Rick Mills first year sponsoring reading challenges and he came up with a couple of dandies (this and the Medical Examiner Challenge).

I committed myself (personally--Rick requires no commitment) to completing two targets this year. My first target had Ngaio Marsh's name all over it because I was already signed up for the Ngaio Marsh Challenge (Part II--having read her first 12 books in 2018). Then I added Agatha Christie when I decided to read her novels in publication order. I've taken down those two queens of crime...and completed my commitment, but I've still got targets up. We'll see how many more I get down before the year's out. 
 
Ngaio Marsh Target
1. Died in the Wool  (1/10/19)
2. Final Curtain (2/14/19)
3. A Wreath for Rivera (3/11/19)
4. Opening Night (4/4/19)
5. Spinsters in Jeopardy (5/6/19)
6. Scales of Justice (6/16/19)


Agatha Christie Target
1. The Mysterious Affair at Styles (1/18/19)
2. The Secret Adversary (1/25/19)
3. Murder on the Links (3/9/19)
4. The Man in the Brown Suit (4/13/19)
5. Poirot Investigates (5/12/19)
6. The Secret of Chimneys (6/6/19)

No comments: