Monday, November 13, 2017
The Official 2018 TBR Pile Challenge: My Sign-Up
He's back! Adam from Roof Beam Reader has conquered the Ph.D. dissertation dragon and is ready to take us on another round of TBR Tower Taming with his Official 2018 TBR Pile Challenge. I love challenges and I'm all about the ones that will help me knock out some of those stacks in my back room.
Here's the main point: If you join Adam's challenge, then you will sign up to read 12 books (one for each month) from your TBR list. You are allowed two alternates just in case you just can't finish a book for whatever reason. Each of these books must have been on your TBR list for AT LEAST one year. None of the books may have a publication date of 1/1/18 or later (yes, Adam will be checking).
For the full run-down of challenge details, hop over to Adam's blog (click on link above), read the rules, and join me in my quest to reduce the teetering stacks.
Here's my list:
1. Act One, Scene One--Murder by A. H. Richardson (2016) [1/30/18]
2. Thank You, Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse (1933)
3. Red Harvest by Dashiell Hammett (1929) [11/12/18]
4. Go Down, Moses by William Faulkner (1942) [3/30/18]
5. Rear Window Story Collection by Cornell Woolrich (1942) [5/9/18]
6. Murder at Midnight by C. S. Challinor (2014) [7/23/18]
7. The Hellfire Conspiracy by Will Thomas (2007) [6/1/18]
8. Then There Were Three by Geoffrey Homes (1938) [4/30/18]
9. Women Sleuths by Martin H. Greenberg & Bill Pronzini, eds (1985) [7/21/18]
10. Gun in Cheek by Bill Pronzini, ed (1987) [6/27/18]
11. The Wrong Box by Robert Louis Stevenson (1889) [4/3/18]
12. With Blood & Kisses by Richard Shattuck (1941) [2/23/18]
1. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith (1948) [8/5/18]
2. Payoff for the Banker by Frances & Richard Lockridge (1945) [3/15/18]