SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling himself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does NOT represent me or anything associated with my blog. I DO NOT endorse anything that he claims.There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books! A message to Luigi: Please cease and desist contacting authors (or anyone) in my name or claiming to represent this reading challenge. You absolutely DO NOT.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Bout of Books: Wrap-Up


The Bout of Books read-a-thon was organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It ended at midnight Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone we were in. 
 
So....due to circumstances out of my control (detailed in the last update, I won't subject you to it again)...I did much less reading than planned.  I always enjoy doing the Bout of Books read-a-thon because it helps me stay on track for all the challenges I sign up for.  I was hoping to finish at least four books--but that just didn't happen.  Here are the final stats:

Books finished:
  
Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen  (343 pages)
The Door by Mary Roberts Rinehart (381 pages)

Paritals:
Poems and Prose by Christina Rossetti (260 pages)
Death at the Bar by Ngaio Marsh (We'll call it about 130 pages--my husband, the math-whiz, figured up how many pages = how many tapes I managed to listen to).
 
I have had my usual good time--participating in about half of the mini-challenges.  Thanks to Amanda and Kelly for organizing this again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry your reading got derailed. I had the... I guess fortunate?... situation of knowing that my reading was going to be derailed all week, so I didn't make any goals other than to read as much as I could.

Here's hoping next Bout of Books will be better for both of us!