SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pick of the Month & February Wrap Up

This year I will be combining my monthly wrap-up post with Kerrie's Crime Fiction Pick of the Month over at Mysteries in Paradise.



My February totals are still lagging behind my last year's pace. I've had a slow start--in part because I still haven't figured out how to adjust my reading schedule around my new lunch-time schedule (which basically consists of me using up my lunch hour four days a week in errand-running--Ick!). You wouldn't think missing that one hour of reading time each day would mess up my schedule so much. But it does. Here we go...

Total Books Read: 13
Total Pages: 3528
Percentage by Female Authors: 38%

Percentage by US Authors: 62%

Percentage by non-US/non-British Authors: 7%
Percentage Mystery: 38%
Percentage Fiction: 77%
Percentage written 2000+: 23%
Percentage of Rereads: 7%
Percentage Read for Challenges: 100% {It's eas
y to have every book count for a challenge when you sign up for as many as I do.}

Number of Challenges fulfilled so far: 2 (6%)




AND, as mentioned above, Kerrie is sponsoring a new meme for those of us who track our reading. What she's looking for is our Top Mystery Read for each month. In February, I read six books that count as mysteries. I handed out one five star award to my only reread--The Hound of the Baskervilles and two four stars ratings to A Spark of Death by Bernadette Pajer and The Yellow Room by Mary Roberts Rinehart. If I have to pick one book as the Top Mystery Read, then I'd like to draw your attention to A Spark of Death. It is the debut novel in a new historical mystery series and Pajer gets so many thing right from the start. It's also my favorite because it gets me on two of my sub-genre topics--historical and academic. A definite winner! Click titles for review.


2 comments:

fredamans said...

Really good month Bev! Happy March reading!

Kerrie said...

Thanks for taking part in the meme Bev. A SPARK OF DEATH looks interesting