ATTENTION CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS

Second Round of Super Book Password News: Debbie has correctly guessed my Historic Event! But Ryan's Password is still up for grabs. Click photo in the sidebar for links.


Some of Bev's Favorite Quotes...



Saturday, March 31, 2012

March WrapUp and Pick of the Month

This year I will be combining my monthly wrap-up post with Kerrie's Crime Fiction Pick of the Month over at Mysteries in Paradise.



My March totals are finally starting look like last year's. I really managed to pick up the pace. In part, because I now have two lunch hours a week to call my own. It's amazing how much reading I can cram into two hours a week. Here we go...

Total Books Read: 23
Total Pages: 4875
Percentage by Female Authors: 48%

Percentage by US Authors: 57%

Percentage by non-US/non-British Authors: 13%
Percentage Mystery: 78%
Percentage Fiction: 87%
Percentage written 2000+: 13%
Percentage of Rereads: 4%
Percentage Read for Challenges: 100% {It's eas
y to have every book count for a challenge when you sign up for as many as I do.}

Number of Challenges fulfilled so far: 4 (13%)




AND, as mentioned above, Kerrie is sponsoring a new meme for those of us who track our reading. What she's looking for is our Top Mystery Read for each month. In March, I read eighteen books that count as mysteries. Of those I gave five of them a four star rating: Champagne for One by Rex Stout, Dead as a Dinosaur by Frances & Richard Lockridge, The Murder at the Stork Club by Vera Caspary, The So Blue Marble by Dorothy B. Hughes, and A Good Death by Elizabeth Ironside. If I have to pick just one as the Top Mystery Read for March....then I believe I'll nominate A Good Death, although you really can't go wrong with any of the five. (click titles for reviews)

2 comments:

fredamans said...

You really did awesome. My stats are not so good lately... I can't figure out what's wrong with me....
Happy April reading!

Red said...

You read so fast! As with every month, I am impressed with your stats.