Monday, February 20, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


Books Read (click on titles for review):
Future On Ice by Orson Scott Cared, ed.
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
Nothing Can Rescue Me by Elizabeth Daly
A Spark of Death by Bernadette Pajer

Currently Reading:
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens: With dramatic eloquence, this story of the French Revolution brings to life a time of terror and treason, and a starving people rising in frenzy and hate to overthrow a corrupt and decadent regime.


Satan's Circus: Murder, Vice, Police Corruption, & New York's Trial of the Century by Mike Dash:
They called it Satan’s Circus—a square mile of Midtown Manhattan where vice ruled, sin flourished, and depravity danced in every doorway. At the turn of the 20th century, it was a place where everyone from the chorus girls to the beat cops was on the take and where bad boys became wicked men; a place where an upstanding young policeman such as Charley Becker could become the crookedest cop who ever stood behind a shield. The handsome lieutenant was a decorated hero, the renowned leader of New York’s vice-busting Special Squad. Was he a bad cop leading a double life, or a pawn felled by the sinister rogues who ran Manhattan’s underworld?


Books that spark my interest:
The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
The Jesus Incident by Frank Herbert & Bill Ransom
From Sawdust to Stardust: The Biography of DeForest Kelley, Star Trek's Dr. McCoy by Terry Lee Rioux
The Fire Engine that Disappeared by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö


6 comments:

Leah @ The Pretty Good Gatsby said...

Both of your current reads sound so good. I've actually never read Dickens before! & Satan's Circus reminds me of The Devil in the White City!

Here's what I'm reading!

Sabrina said...

I have never read a Dickens. I think he is kind of intimidating. Here is my Monday post.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I've never read A Tale of Two Cities, but, of course, it is on a million lists of Books-You-Must-Read. Do tell if you agree (when you complete it!)

Yvonne said...

Great reading list!

Lindsey said...

I just finished David Copperfield. I hope you enjoy your Dickens!

Irene Palfy said...

I love Dickens! And SATAN'S CIRCUS sounds quite interesting to me.. Thank you for leaving a comment on my post, Bev!

I hope you'll have a wonderful week!