Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm So Honored


Just today I received an email letting me know that I have been nominated for a blogging award.

A blog post I wrote in 2011 titled Vintage Mystery Progress and Review Site
has earned a nomination for a Fascination Award: 2012's Most Fascinating Librarian blog. The Fascination Awards are an annual collection of the web’s most inspirational and thought-provoking blogs and are nominated by the editorial team and voted on by readers.

The nomination email says: "The comments posted in response to your post prove that your content
not only inspires your audience, but it also creates discussion around your posts, both of which are requirements for the nomination of a Fascination award."

I don't know how the folks at the Fascination Awards learned about My Reader's Block, but I just want to say a big THANK YOU!!! I am so excited. Please watch for a posting telling you how you can vote for me...I would love it if you all could help me win!


12 comments:

Yvonne said...

Wow! That's great! Congratulations! You deserve it!

J F Norris said...

Very cool! Long overdue recognition for truly inspiring people to discover the neglected and rich world of vintage mystery books. Way to go, Bev!

Irene Palfy said...

Congratulations, Bev! That's great! (I completely agree with Yvonne and John!)

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks, Yvonne, John & Irene!

Marce said...

What an honour, congratulations Bev

Ryan said...

Congrats!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Link up the post that is being nominated so we can read it and join in the fun!

Congratulations.

Bev Hankins said...

@Anne: Great idea! Done. Clickable link above.

Thanks, Ryan & Marce!

Carol said...

A well-deserved nomination, Bev. Congratulations!

Red said...

I would be wary of this nomination. I got it as well and from what I can find, it's a ploy to get people to go to the Online Advanced Degree sites.

sorry to be a downer, cos you totally deserve a fascination award.

Bev Hankins said...

I dunno. Nothing in the information makes it seem like they're trying to promote the Degree. I'll see how it looks when it gets to the voting stage. I'll vote first so I can see if it's trying to suck you into anything.

srivalli said...

Congratulations! Well-deserved nomination!