SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Monday, July 8, 2019

Just the Fact Mid-Point Checkpoint

Calling all cars, calling all cars...Detectives are asked to check in with Headquarters. Please report progress. Headquarters out.

So....the beginning of July came and went in a birthday/Route 66 mini-vacation blur and I missed putting up the checkpoint. So--let's remedy that now! Back in the fall when I put together the latest version of the Vintage Mystery Challenge, I randomly selected items from the notebooks for our checkpoint. Here are the categories for the half-way mark (January - July 8, no books posted after this checkpoint goes live):

WHO: Vicar/Religious Figure
WHAT: Inverted Mystery
WHEN: During a recognized holiday
WHERE: On an island
HOW: Death by unusual method
WHY: Author's 1st or last name begins with same letter as yours

My linky provider has thrown me another curve ball--I've apparently opened all the link-ups possible for July. So...that being the case, I am trying a Google Doc Form to collect your entries. Please bear with me as we give this method a whirl.


I will accept  entries until midnight on Monday, July 15. Sometime on Tuesday, I will pull out the Custom Random Number Generator and select a winner. Good luck!

1 comment:

Bev Hankins said...

Winner coming soon! I plan to post tomorrow.