Thursday, July 18, 2019

Just the Facts, Ma'am: Midpoint Check-in Winner!

Calling all cars, calling all cars...Detectives are asked to check in with Headquarters. Please report progress. Headquarters out.

Last Monday the call went out to all our Just the Facts detectives to look over their notebooks and see what clues they have found so far. Six detectives, Joel @ I Should Be Reading; Kate @ Cross Examining Crime, Linda, Countdown John, Rick, and Dexter96 (on Library Thing) have been working tirelessly in country houses and on the mean streets to check items off their lists--with 29 categories checked off out of those requested. 

In the interests of prize award transparency, let me tell you how I conducted the drawing: Since, as mentioned on the check-in post, my linky provider has changed the number of link-ups I can have open, I put together a Google doc to collect your findings. That document generates a spreadsheet with columns (headed by letters) and rows (headed by numbers). So...I've added a Random Letter Generator to my equipment and after feeding the info into it and the Random Number Generator the winner is.....(drum roll)....Row 6, Column F! Let's have a round of applause for Rick Mills and the Gold Inverted Mystery Phantom Lady by William Irish! Rick is a new detective in our vintage mystery challenge ranks--but an old hand with vintage mysteries. Congratulations, Rick! I will send you an email with the prize list.

Thanks to all for playing along with me and checking in--and to all the detectives working away so busily that they were away from their radios and missed the message from Headquarters. Keep sleuthing and be ready for the final check-in at the end of the year.


3 comments:

fredamans said...

Congrats, Rick!

Laurie said...

Can’t wait until you start the challenge again next year! I’m a late bloomer and didn’t only stumbled onto your blog recently. Maybe I should have brought in my trusty bloodhound.

Bev Hankins said...

Laurie: You're welcome to go ahead and start on this year--just to see how far you can get.