Saturday, July 8, 2017

Challenge Commitment Complete: Birth Year Reading Challenge

 
The Birth Year Reading Challenge was one of the first--if not the very first reading challenges that I signed up for when I first discovered book blogging back in 2010. I zoomed through a large chunk of the famous books published in my birth year and later rounds allowed us to use birth years of other people in our lives. This time 'round she urged us to return to our own birth year. When I first joined up, I forgot to set a goal. However, my original list had 17 possible books on it. So, I decided that once I got 17 candles lit on my birthday cake, then my challenge commitment would be complete. I may squeeze in a few more 1969 books this year--but I claimed my 17th book with The Hotel Cat by Ester Averill. Thanks to JG at the Hotchpot Cafe for hosting this one again!
 
Here are my books read:

TBR Books
Spice Island Mystery by Betty Cavanna (2/10/17)
Nero Wolfe of West Thirty-Fifth Street by William S. Baring-Gould (4/4/17)
Coffin's Dark Number by Gwendoline Butler (4/16/17)
The Fennister Affair by Josephine Bell(4/28/17) 
Death with Blue Ribbon by Leo Bruce (4/23/17)

 Re-reads (books I read long ago and far away)
The Shivering Sands by Victoria Holt (5/6/17) 
Death Cracks a Bottle by Kenneth Giles (5/13/17)
The Invisible Intruder by Carolyn Keene (5/4/17)


Library Books
Blind Man With a Pistol by Chester Himes (5/10/17)
The Mystery of the Talking Skull by Robert Arthur (5/13/17)
Murder in Mount Holly by Paul Theroux (5/15/17)
The Golden Bird: Folk Tales From Slovenia by Vladimir Kavčič (5/16/17)
I Can Lick 30 Tigers by Dr. Seuss (5/26/17) [I know this one isn't long enough to really count--but how could I resist a Dr. Seuss?] 
Ubik by Philip K. Dick 6/20/17)
Tree House Mystery by Gertrude Warner Chandler (6/23/17)
The Arctic Patrol Mystery by Franklin W. Dixon (6/26/17)
The Hotel Cat by Esther Averill (6/28/17)


2 comments:

J.G. said...

Congrats on your accomplishment in meeting your goal for the BYRC! You're setting the bar for the rest of the participants, as usual -- or I should say you're inspiring us all.

Thanks so much for joining in again this year, and well done!

J.G. said...

P.S. I'll send you the Prize Book List this weekend, so you can make a selection!