SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Challenge Complete: The Mystery Reporter Challenge




MYSTERY READER'S CHALLENGE 2015 
Sponsored by Dead Herring 

REPORTER CHALLENGE:  
Who? What? Where? When? How? 
Why? – because it’s fun to read! 

Levels 
Cub reporter: 5 books (1 from each category)
Columnist:   10 books (2 from each category)
News Anchor: 15 books (3 from each category)
Editor: 20 books (4 from each category)
Newspaper Mogul: 25 books 


  *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   * 
Sign up for this challenge on GoodReads
 (In The Challenge Factory under yearly challenges) 
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

I joined the challenge at the Cub Reporter level. I may work my way up...but commitment will be complete once I do one category under each. For full details check out the challenge at Dead Herring or on Good Reads. [My sign-up at GoodReads]. I finished the "What" category in April (actual finish date 4/5/15) and my commitment is now complete.
WHO: Protagonist is a crook: Ride the Pink Horse by Dorothy B. Hughes (1/3/15)
WHAT: Poison in the title: Poison Jasmine by Clyde B. Clason (4/5/15)
WHERE:Set in England: The Case of the Painted Girl by Frank King (1/6/15)
WHEN: Dark & Stormy Night: Panic by Helen Mccloy (2/22/15)
HOW: Gun/shooting: A Dead Man in Istanbul by Michael Pearce (1/14/15)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on finishing your challenge! I saw you were on the Cloak & Dagger Challenge, also.

I'm sure by now you have noticed that Amy from A Bookish Girl is taking a much need hiatus from her blog. I don't know about you, but I miss reading the mystery book reviews. I contacted Amy about continuing the Link Up on my blog. I am going to combine March & April, since we are 1/2 way through April, and start with individual months in May. I am follow all of Amy's stipulations, but I am not doing a prize link up until I see what kind of response I get.

So link up all your reviews at once, or as you write them. If you just do a monthly status update that's good too.

I hope to see you on the Link Up!

Elizabeth
Thoughts from an Evil Overlord

Cloak & Dagger Challenge

Bev Hankins said...

I did see that she was taking a break....I've still been doing the challenge. I'll check out your post.