SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Challenge Commitment Completed: I Dare You To

 
Image Credit




I DARE YOU TO  (sponsored by Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire at All Challenges, All the Time)
For full details and a list of all the Dares click the link and join in...I Dare You!

I picked up the "I Dare You To" Challenge just few weeks ago and to make it do-able for 2014, I set my first year goal a bit low--a mere ten Dares to complete for the rest of 2014. I thought it might go fast, but I had no idea how fast. Now we'll just see how many more I can finish before December is over.


Goal of Ten Dares for 2014 Completed: 9/28/14

Here's the list of Dares I've completed (with Dare number from the list):

2. Read a book over 450 pages: Two for Sorrow by Nicola Upson [482 pages] (9/27/14)
4. Read a novella (under 200 pgs): A Death for a Dancer by E. X. Giroux [180 pages] (9/28/14)
8. Read an ARC book: The Edison Effect by Bernadette Pajer (9/20/14)
18. Read a book in a male POV: Red Cent by Robert Campbell (9/10/14)
31. Read a book with less than 1,000 reviews: Bleeding Maize & Blue by Susan Holtzer [91 ratings on Goodreads] (9/30/14)
45. Read a book that you borrowed from a library: Wednesday the Rabbi Got Wet by Harry Kemelman (9/8/14)
46. Read an ebook: The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy [from Project Gutenberg] (9/21/14)
53. Read/Listen to an audio book: Ten Little Indians (aka And Then There Were None) by Agatha Christie [read by Norman Barrs] (9/11/14)

72. Read a book with an animal on the cover: The Footprints on the Ceiling by Clayton Rawson [Bunny on cover] (9/25/14) 
83. Read a book by an author who has at least 3 names (first, middle, last; middle name must be spelled out): The Unfinished Crime by Elisabeth Sanxay Holding (9/8/14)
102. Read a book with an author whose last name starts with the same letter as your first name: Death Takes a Sabbatical by Robert Bernard (9/16/14) "B" for Bev  

No comments: