I DARE YOU TO (sponsored by Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire at All Challenges, All the Time)
For full details and a list of all the Dares click the link and join in...I Dare You!
I picked up the "I Dare You To" Challenge just few weeks ago and to make it do-able for 2014, I set my first year goal a bit low--a mere ten Dares to complete for the rest of 2014. I thought it might go fast, but I had no idea how fast. Now we'll just see how many more I can finish before December is over.
Goal of Ten Dares for 2014 Completed: 9/28/14
Here's the list of Dares I've completed (with Dare number from the list):
2. Read a book over 450 pages: Two for Sorrow by Nicola Upson [482 pages] (9/27/14)
4. Read a novella (under 200 pgs): A Death for a Dancer by E. X. Giroux [180 pages] (9/28/14)
8. Read an ARC book: The Edison Effect by Bernadette Pajer (9/20/14) 18. Read a book in a male POV: Red Cent by Robert Campbell (9/10/14)
31. Read a book with less than 1,000 reviews: Bleeding Maize & Blue by Susan Holtzer [91 ratings on Goodreads] (9/30/14) 45. Read a book that you borrowed from a library: Wednesday the Rabbi Got Wet by Harry Kemelman (9/8/14)
46. Read an ebook: The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy [from Project Gutenberg] (9/21/14)
53. Read/Listen to an audio book: Ten Little Indians (aka And Then There Were None) by Agatha Christie [read by Norman Barrs] (9/11/14)
72. Read a book with an animal on the cover: The Footprints on the Ceiling by Clayton Rawson [Bunny on cover] (9/25/14)
83. Read a book by an author who has at least 3 names (first, middle, last; middle name must be spelled out): The Unfinished Crime by Elisabeth Sanxay Holding (9/8/14)
102. Read a book with an author whose last name starts with the same letter as your first name: Death Takes a Sabbatical by Robert Bernard (9/16/14) "B" for Bev