Author, Author Scavenger Challenge (found on GoodReads in All Challenges All the Time)
The scavenger challenge this year is based upon National Book Month, which occurs in March. You will choose ONE author – a favorite author, a new author you’d like to read more from, it doesn’t matter – and use that author as the basis for ALL of the tasks in the challenge.
Will complete at least 8 of the required 16 books to count my commitment completed for my 2014 Challenge List.
2014 Challenge Commitment Complete: 10/29/14
1. Read TWO books by the author you’ve chosen for this challenge.
*Appleby's Answer (10/17/14)
* Lament for a Maker (10/8/14)
2. Read a book whose total number of pages includes one of the numbers from the year your chosen author’s first book was published.
Be sure to tell us when your author's first book was published. (1936)
3. Read a book whose title begins with one of the letters in your chosen author’s last name.
Introducing C. B. Greenfield by Lucille Kallen (8/6/14)
4. Go to Literature Map.com and read one book by each of TWO different authors who are close to your chosen author.
*The Sirens Sang of Murder by Sarah Caudwell
*The Price of Silence by Kate Wilhelm OR A Duty to the Dead by Charles Todd
5. Read a book by an author who shares a first or last name with your chosen author.
6. Read a book set in the location where your chosen author’s most recent book took place – or the most recent book that you’ve read by your chosen author.
Be sure to tell us the location. [Location from: Appleby and the Ospreys-- English Countryside or British Country House]
Death on Allhallowe'en by Leo Bruce [small English village in the countryside] (10/11/14)
7. Read a book whose title shares at least one major word (usual exceptions here) with any title written by your chosen author.
8. Read TWO books published the same year as the year your chosen author’s most recent book was published (or is scheduled to be released).
Be sure to tell us what year the author's most recent book was published. (Appleby & the Ospreys, 1987)
* Seventh Son by Orson Scot Card (8/19/14)
* Young Mrs. Cavendish & the Kaiser’s Men by K. K. Beck
9 . Read a book whose title begins with one of the letters in your chosen author’s first name. The Mind Murders by Janwillem van de Wetering (10/30/14)
10. Read a book by an author who’s written a blurb for one of your chosen author’s books.
Head of a Traveller by Nicholas Blake (blurb on back of Lament for a Maker) [10/29/14]
11. Read a book with the same number of words in its title as any book by your chosen author. ALL words count! Be sure to tell us the title of the book by your chosen author.
[Innes book: Lament for a Maker = 4 words]
Who Guards a Prince by Reginald Hill (7/23/14)
12. Read any other book you can somehow relate to your chosen author. Be sure to explain the connection!
Date With Danger by Roy Vickers [British Classic Mysteries] (8/11/14)