Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tag! I'm It...


I've been tagged by GigiAnn over at Ann's Reading Corner.

All games have rules, so here are the rules for this game of tag:
THE RULES:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag (eleven)--however, like GigiAnn, I tend to be a rule breaker, so I chose (Four) people-- and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
On with the fun...

Eleven (Fun) Facts About Me:

1. I love snow. I hate other people driving in snow. Being an adult I have to put up with too much of the second part.
2. I am Classic Trek fan. I have dressed up as "Captain Bev" several times for Halloween. I own a phaser and a communicator and an Enterprise phone.
3. I have sung with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir--twice.
4. I have paddled through the Boundary Waters (between Minnesota & Canada) with the Boy Scouts.
5. When I was little, I loved to go to my Grandma's, sit around her kitchen table with my cousins, play Tiddly-winks and drink Choc-ola and eat vanilla wafers. Exciting times!
6. I wanted to be an Olympic figure skater when I was little. Unfortunately, I had two things against me....weak ankles and I cannot skate backwards for anything.
7. I have a life-long dream of visiting the British Isles. I've bookmarked a page that offers yearly mystery-lovers tours--now that would be perfect!
8. I have a black thumb. People should only give me plants they hate so I can kill them for them. I wonder how much I could make as a plant contract killer?
9. I don't watch cable TV at all (everything I watch is prerecorded). Gave it up years ago and don't miss it a bit. Don't ask me who got kicked off the island or who won the latest Dancing with the Stars. Haven't a clue.
10. Speaking of...Clue is my all-time favorite board game. Miss Scarlett. In the Library. With the Candlestick.
11. Have never broken a bone (knock on wood...), but did slash my foot open on the way to swimming lessons when I was about 7 (I have a nifty scar, I could show you)--see item one below about bare feet--it didn't cure me of the habit. Managed to talk my mom out of the doctor and stitches--we butterflied it up and I got out of swimming lessons for about two weeks (yea! I did not like swimming lessons--but I love to swim now).
Questions for Me from GigiAnn

1. What is your favorite footwear? Bare feet. I hate shoes. I would never wear them if I didn't have to (either for work or because of weather). If I actually have to choose footwear of some sort...then my "ballerina" style slippers. Almost as good as no shoes.

2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side. Um. I don't think I can choose just one. I'm stubborn from a long line of stubborn. My dad and my dad's mom (and all her brothers)...they're all stubborn. I'm the only one not too stubborn to admit that I'm stubborn.

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the face in the mirror? Someone who wonders how I got to be 40-ish already. Don't feel 40-ish. But--overall more comfortable with myself than I ever was when I was younger.

4. What is your favorite winter drink? Don't really have one. Guess I'll go for hot cocoa--but I don't really have it all that often.

5. When you take time for yourself what do you do? Read. Blog. Anybody surprised with those answers please raise your hands. Anybody? Anybody? I didn't think so. :-)

6. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog? Or are you more comfortable writing post about other people or events? What you see (read) is what you get. This IS the real me. Although, I suppose since I'm primarily a book-blogger you might say that I mostly blog about other people....

7. If you could choose to read or talk on the phone, which would you choose, and why? Read. Again, anybody surprised by this answer? I actually hate talking on the phone. Would rather talk to people in person. The only exception would be friends that I don't see often enough--then I can spend hours on the phone. I blame my hatred of the phone on my dad. He always made me make phone calls (either the responsible ones to take care of business or urging me to call friends to see about going out to play {he was worried about how much time I spent alone--reading}). I'm not saying it wasn't good for him to make me take responsibility...but I hate talking on the phone, especially to people I don't know.

8. Where was your profile picture taken? Um. In a campground. Somewhere. I'm thinking it's Brown County State Park here in Indiana, but I'm not 100% sure of that. {That's the pictures that show's up for most people. If you're seeing me dressed in a Captain Kirk shirt, then that was taken in my house.}

9. Who took your profile picture? If it's the campground picture, then probably my mom--she took most of the pictures when I was growing up. If it's the Captain Kirk picture, my husband.

10. Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 am, who do you want it to be? It better be the Publisher's Clearing House Prize Patrol to tell me I'm a winner (they're late because they got lost).

11. What items could you not go without during the day? Shower. Breakfast. Book. roughly in that order

Now, who should I tag? Hmmm? Let's go with:

Yvette at In So Many Words
srivalli at Valli's Book Den
Red at What Red Read
Jenners at Life...With Books
My Questions for the Tag-ees:
1. Favorite childhood book-related memory?
2. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
3. Best present you ever received?
4. A song that you could sing the lyrics to right NOW.
5. Who was your first friend? Are you still friends?
6. Do you collect anything? If so, what and what got you started?
7. What is the title of the book that is closest to you right now?
8. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
9. Do you live in the city, the suburbs or the country?
10. Have you ever met somebody famous? Who?
11. What would a perfect day be like for you?

2 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Thanks for playing along Bev. I liked your fun things about yourself. I don't like snow, to look at it is beautiful, but, it only falls when it is cold. I don't like being cold.

srivalli said...

I did it at last! Here is my post http://srivallip.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/t-is-for-tagged_23.html