SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Sunday, January 12, 2025

Card Deck Reading Challenge


I really need to stop (but if Jamie will keep posting new challenges on the Facebook challenge site, what's a girl to do?). Erin @erin_likes_books on Instagram has devised the Card Deck Reading Challenge and, having checked my massive TBR mountain range, it looks like I can cover this with books I already own. So...here I go. One more challenge! Some tentative choices listed below.

Joker (wild card/any book): The Deadly Truth by Helen McCloy (1/15/25)
Ace (in title OR book about cards/tennis): The Green Ace by Stuart Palmer OR Death in the Cards by Ann T. Smith
Two (in title): A Thief or Two by Sara Woods (3/13/25)
Three (in title): The Three Coffins by John Dickson Carr (6/4/25)
Four (in title): The Four of Hearts by Ellery Queen (7/15/25)
Five (in title): Bodies from the Library 5 by Tony Medawar, ed (3/2/25)
Six (in title): Six Nuns & a Shotgun by Colin Watson (5/9/25)
Seven (in title): Seven Great Detective Stories by William H. Larson, ed (10/5/25)
Eight (in title): The World's Best One Hundred Detective Stories Volume Eight by Eugene Thwing, ed (11/19/25)
Nine (in title): The Nine Waxed Faces by Francis Beeding (9/22/25)
Ten (in title): The World's Best 100 Detective Stories Volume Ten by Eugene Thwing, ed (4/14/25)
Jack (in title OR author's name): The Right Jack by Margaret Maron OR Jack O'Lantern by George Goodchild
Queen (in title): The Snow Queen by Joan D. Vinge (2/1/25)
King (in title): The King of Diamonds by Louis Tracy OR Jeeves & the King of Clubs by Ben Schott
Heart (in title): The Malignant Heart by Celestine Sibley
Diamond (gem in title): Deadly Is the Diamond by Mignon G. Eberhart (2/22/25)
Spade: ("dig," "bury," or "spade" in title): Dig Me a Grave by John Spain OR Dig Another Grave by Don Cameron
Club (in title): The Girl from the Mimosa Club by Leslie Ford (2/6/25)
Red (in title/dominant cover color): The Red Tassel by David Dodge (12/11/25)
Black (in title/dominant cover color): The Curse of Braeburn Castle by Karen Baugh Menuhin (10/31/25)


 

3 comments:

Jamie Ghione said...

Thanks for the shout out! And I'm doing this one, too.

Bev Hankins said...

As soon as I realized I was already doing the number titles for the Clock challenge, I figured I might as well. :-)

Laura said...

This challenge is similar to the Clock Reading Challenge which I did last year. I found it difficult to find books with numbers in them. Hope you have fun with the challenge.